Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anniversary Gifts for a couple married 10 years? Ideas or Suggestions?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi...my hubby and I were invited to a formal anniversary party.  No one in the family was actually included in the wedding but most (not all) of the family has been invited to this Black Tie affair.  Anyway...it's at a upscale venue so I'm thinking that they are definitely expecting a gift.  Do I get a gift card? Cash?  A Gift?  They are not newlyweds so I kinda feel like cash would not be appropriate.  They own a home and have kids. They are throwing this party for themselves.  My hubby and I have been married 12 years so I understand wanting to celebrate.  My husband and his family feel like none of us should bring gifts because it's not a wedding.  I was NOT raised like that I and would not be comfortable showing up without a gift.  Plus, we were told that they don't believe in alcohol so there will be a CASH BAR available in a different room.  I'm not a drinker...but my hubby's family is....the words CASH BAR in this family might as well be profanity LOL!!

How much do I spend? What do I get?  Does anyone know what the symbol for 10 yrs is?  I think it's tin or aluminum.  What the heck to you buy that's tin or aluminum LOL!!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tracy67
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

How about a gift certificate for a meal at their favorite restaurant?

mrinewfe21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

most often getting a gift card to a nice resturant is a good anniversy gift no matter how many years you have been married! angel mini

truely914
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I would get them a nice Metal picture frame.  If you have a picture of them at their wedding put it in the picture frame.  Or just  buy metal picture frame and have something engraved.  They can put a picture from their 10yr. anniversary in there.

Just go and have a good time.

cf3smom
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Thanks ladies....I'm going to get a restaurant gift card and put it in a metal box!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)