Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is b.s.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

my husband just got fired because a deer ran in front of his work truck and he swerved to avoid it and flipped his truck into a ditch. there was an incident last week that made his boss mad and supposedly the combination of both got him fired (he had to stay home with the kids because i was subpoenaed to court over a friend's divorce and i didn't get out til the afternoon so he didn't go into work). great. 4 kids. no insurance. no income. rent due in less than a week. no money in savings.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CSRodriguez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM

hmm    there has to be more to the story

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I was thinking the same thing.  It sounds like either your hubby´s boss needed to get rid of somebody or your hubby was walking a fine line and that just put him over.

Quoting CSRodriguez:

swizzlefiz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I hope he can atleast get unemployment.

mommytoG
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Did he call to ask off, or did he just not show up? Maybe they thought that since this happened, and whatever happened last week on top of not coming into day, that it would be better to let him go.

I know things come up and happen, but there has gotta be something else

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
maryinger
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM

if there's more to the story then i don't know anything about it. they drug tested him and he said he passed and i don't see how he wouldn't have because he doesn't do drugs. and the only other times he has been late were because his truck broke down on him and he had to fix it and his boss was never mad at him over those few times.

a deer could have run in front of any of their vehicles. what luck.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I was thinking the same thing.  It sounds like either your hubby´s boss needed to get rid of somebody or your hubby was walking a fine line and that just put him over.

Quoting CSRodriguez:

maryinger
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:28 PM

he called the day before and explained the situation and his boss said "well if i don't see you tomorrow i'll know where you are" and said it was fine. he didn't let them know it took me so long, and i told him he should have, and his boss got mad about that, but ultimately didn't let him go over it. so i understand it's the combination of events but seriously... the deer thing could have happened to anybody. if they were pissed about last week they could have let him go then.

Quoting mommytoG:

Did he call to ask off, or did he just not show up? Maybe they thought that since this happened, and whatever happened last week on top of not coming into day, that it would be better to let him go.

I know things come up and happen, but there has gotta be something else

canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM

That sucks, but it does seem like there has to be more to the story. Has he tried unemployment yet?  

maryinger
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM

i think they're calling it a layoff so that he can. thank god. but 2 weeks worth of unemployment won't pay rent. looks like i'm going back to bartending :-(

Quoting swizzlefiz:

I hope he can atleast get unemployment.

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Is your husband okay?  Thats scary, my husband rolled his work truck, a big rig, several years ago. what an awful day that was not only was i worried about him but i had to put my childhood cat down the same day. When rains it poors.   Did your husband get a ticket for this? Was it a big rig or a 4 wheeler? When this sort of thing happens the insurance can go up on that driver.  My husband lost his job also so i know it's scary but hang in there things will work out.  My husband was able to find a job to get us through until he found a better job the one he has now.  Thank god they were willing to take him on even after rolling the truck.  

maryinger
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM

it was a big rig and yes, thank god, he's ok. i don't know if he got a ticket.

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Is your husband okay?  Thats scary, my husband rolled his work truck, a big rig, several years ago. what an awful day that was not only was i worried about him but i had to put my childhood cat down the same day. When rains it poors.   Did your husband get a ticket for this? Was it a big rig or a 4 wheeler? When this sort of thing happens the insurance can go up on that driver.  My husband lost his job also so i know it's scary but hang in there things will work out.  My husband was able to find a job to get us through until he found a better job the one he has now.  Thank god they were willing to take him on even after rolling the truck.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)