Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi new here

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

hi all

my name is lisa and i have 4kids and my boyfriend has two we all live together.i am have alot of problem with my kids with cursing and hitting and the not doing what their told i am at my wit ends can anyone give me some advice.my kids ages are 12,10,8,5 my boyfriends are 13,12 mine are all girls and his are a girl and a boy.hope to hear from ya soon.-lisa

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nokesmomof2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM

what forms of punshment have you tried?? if you havent try it yet i would suggest takin stuff away like tvs, cellphone (if they have any) . the things they use the most i would try takin away good luck momma

have kids born in 06&08 come join my group please
http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsof06and08
Loved4Sure
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM

welcome to cafemom

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM

welcome to cafemom

Welcome!

Please say hello to the other moms introducing themselves here.  You can add a reply to their post, visit their page and send out friend invitations!   

You can find information and moms talking about different topics by using the search bar at the top of every page. 

There are lots of Moms talking in our main forum - The Newcomers Club - Active discussion forum.   Feel free to join in - reply to posts and start some posts of your own!

We also suggest joining and meeting other Moms like you in these Recommended Groups.

If you have any questions, we're happy to help!

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

mamad122
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM

For the 8 and 5 year olds I would try time out. If that doesn't work, take away their favorite toy or don't let them play their fav game. For the older ones I would ground them from their TVs, iPods, cell phones, going to a friends, etc. Something else you could try is giving them an allowance and keeping each child's in a separate envelope and when they disobey, curse, hit, etc. take a certain amount out. That will entice them to behave so that they actually have money left at the end of the week! Good luck :-)

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

newbiewmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM

O wow, do you curse cause if you do that might be one of the reasons they think it's ok to. Also to punish them take away video games, TV, Cell phones, Ipods stuff like that and tell them why you are taking them away and that they can get it back when they listen/ stop cursing. be strong they will tell you oyu are mean or that they hate you or stuff like that but keep in mind that it's for their well being that you are doing this.

welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)