• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me Get rid of this ~ UPDATE, More help needed!!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Koobface comp. virus.  It came in facebook and was from a "friend" in my list but was really a virus.  I have tried everything I know, please help!!!!

~~~ Ok, so I run MajorGeeks.com and then it tells me that I need a newer version of windows to use it.  I have a OLD windows operating systime Windows ME (Millinium edition)  How do I upgrade that and can I do that online?

I am a Wife & Momma.  I am a Certified Domestic Violence Advocate, Certified Car Seat Technician, & CPR/First Aid Certif. Extended Rear Facing & Extended Harnessing Saves Lives. It is NOT about LAWS it IS about LIVES!! 

Over 90% of all car seats are not installed or used properly, is yours one?  Escaping Abuse? Please message me or view my journal. 

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pita_Dragonfly
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Spybot  search and  destroy

FREE

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM

go to majorgeeks.com

go into the forums and go to the tab that is something about Malware...

then there will be a section that says "Read Me and Run Me First"

do everything it says and your comp will be clean and running perfectly

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Thanks I will try this.  I tried the SpyBot and it wasn't cutting it.  I am ready to throw this thing out.  LOL Thanks ladies oh & keep suggestions coming.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

go to majorgeeks.com

go into the forums and go to the tab that is something about Malware...

then there will be a section that says "Read Me and Run Me First"

do everything it says and your comp will be clean and running perfectly

I am a Wife & Momma.  I am a Certified Domestic Violence Advocate, Certified Car Seat Technician, & CPR/First Aid Certif. Extended Rear Facing & Extended Harnessing Saves Lives. It is NOT about LAWS it IS about LIVES!! 

Over 90% of all car seats are not installed or used properly, is yours one?  Escaping Abuse? Please message me or view my journal. 

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM

banging head into wall 

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:55 PM

It is going to cost you at least a couple of hundred bucks to get a new OS.  Almost everything is going to require XP or Vista.  I remember ME, it was my favorite OS...but nothing is made for ME anymore.

Quoting Dimples04:

banging head into wall 

kristinaleann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

This is what I have. It works really good. It always catches the viruses for us. My BIL is the one who told us to get it. He is a computer nerd lol..

BTW it is free..

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Great, I will try that.  Can you ask him if/how I can upgrade to a newer version of windows without it costing a lot.  Please. 

Quoting kristinaleann:

This is what I have. It works really good. It always catches the viruses for us. My BIL is the one who told us to get it. He is a computer nerd lol..

BTW it is free..

kristinaleann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I will try to see if I can. He works nights so it is hard to get in touch with him... .. If you know someone who has bought an upgrade, you can barrow their cd.. Have you tried looking on e-bay for them? also you can shop around at like salvation army. You never know you might find one in there. I have seen them in there before..

Quoting Dimples04:

Great, I will try that.  Can you ask him if/how I can upgrade to a newer version of windows without it costing a lot.  Please. 

Quoting kristinaleann:

BTW it is free..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)