• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thinking Im done with having anymore babies? I need advice?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ive been thinking about this every since having my son but havent fully decided. I am 24yrs old and have a 7 1/2mnt old little boy. I am not wanting to have anymore children because I dont want to be in the situation I am in now, being a single mother. I love my son more than life its self so dont get me wrong. I love having him here. I dont get any help from his so called father but neways, I dont date and am not wanting to right now. I am focusing on my college and my son. Yes I want to get married later on down the road when I find mr. right but I dont want anymore children. Is that being selfish of me? Its hard on me now and Im just so worried of if I find that guy that he would up a leave me. what do you ladies think? No bad bashing please. I just want advice....

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:09 PM

I would say that you are feeling a little overwhelmed right now, but you never know what will come your way.  Why not try a 5 or 10 year birth control and see what life brings you?  You just never know...

247mamaandwife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM

well this is my advice for you is to go to your OBGYN and get the 10 year IUD put in and then  wait and see how things work out in the future i mean you may hit  your mid thirtys and still feel this way but dont do anything hastly till you wait a little bit. due to you may meet a really awesome somebody and think you know what i thinki am ready for another child

I wasnt in your postion but at  my dd being 7 months old i DID not want another kid what so ever but then over the years i have started to want one more so thats why i suggested that iud

NO its not selfish of you if you do indeed choose not to have anymore

wedding website

cristie1985
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM

It has to be rough and props to you for being a single mother. I would honestly try Mirena or one of those 5 year insertions and maybe in five years you will have found someone that wants to be with you forever, just my opinion. But going all the way is a permanent thing and you are the same age as me and at this point in MY life I know I couldn't do something that permanent. If you just thought it up, maybe you could sleep on it and make sure thats what you want.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I´ve heard that at your age doctors aren´t even willing to do pernament birth control.  I agree, go with a 5-10 year IUD and reevaluate later.  Maybe you will meet the man of your dreams when your son is 3 and you will really want another one with him?  What would you do then? 

yayay15
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:17 PM

It's not selfish!  It's your body and your life!  You might change your mind though when you actually do get married b/c you will be in a stable relationship and it might make you feel differently.  But, if you never choose to have anymore, it's not selfish!

Magen85
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Thank you for the props.... I am on Depo provera right now and I am so worried about getting pregnant bc well I dont need that. Yes I take all the precautions but nothing is effective. Im on medacaid and go to the local health clinic, would medacaid pay for the IUD you are talking about or do you know?

Quoting cristie1985:

It has to be rough and props to you for being a single mother. I would honestly try Mirena or one of those 5 year insertions and maybe in five years you will have found someone that wants to be with you forever, just my opinion. But going all the way is a permanent thing and you are the same age as me and at this point in MY life I know I couldn't do something that permanent. If you just thought it up, maybe you could sleep on it and make sure thats what you want.

phenomenallyMe
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I have a friend with Medicaid and she got an IUD. 

Quoting Magen85:

Thank you for the props.... I am on Depo provera right now and I am so worried about getting pregnant bc well I dont need that. Yes I take all the precautions but nothing is effective. Im on medacaid and go to the local health clinic, would medacaid pay for the IUD you are talking about or do you know?

Quoting cristie1985:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.~Mother Teresa
BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I say don't do anything that is permanent.  Because I was 22 when I got my tubes tied. Because I felt like a single mom   Now I regret it now.

pookah1203
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I would say that you are feeling a little overwhelmed right now, but you never know what will come your way.  Why not try a 5 or 10 year birth control and see what life brings you?  You just never know...

Meet me- Amanda: I'm 20. I'm a "my give a damn is broken" kinda mom. I'm married to a soldier. i have three kiddos. I am attending online college for criminology, AND I'm joining the army also. I don't need a momma, I HAVE ONE.  i don't give a damn what you think (see above) so save your breath YES I am a bitch... BUT this is the Internet, Try not to have an aneurysm over it.

WildKat
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

This is exactly what I was thinking.  24 is young.   IUD's are reversible, long term, and very effective.  Ask your OB.

Peace,

Kat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)