Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 weeks pregnant show signs of 16 weeks+

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:13 PM
  • 19 Replies

Kinda nervous, this is my 4th pregnancy and i am 12 weeks along. I've had 2 u/s so the 12 weeks is certain. However i am showing signs of being 16 weeks are further along.we have no twins on either side of our family but both my 5 year old and 3 year old keep saying mommy u gonna have 2 babies. anybody know why this maybe happening?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squidsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM

What do you mean showing signs of being 16 weeks?

KGeist86
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM

What do you mean showing signs of 16 weeks? If you have had a U/S, you would have seen 2 babies..right?

sylviapike26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM

If you were having twins they would have picked that up on the u/s.  Each time you have a baby you show sooner and sooner and so it could just be that.

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:18 PM

My 4th pregnancy, I got HUGE very quickly.  Your uterus is used to getting stretched out and it just goes with the flow.  My baby also grew very quickly.  I don't know if it is because he had no resistance or what...lol.  He was a month early and was already 7lbs. 2 oz.  My biggest kid I had before that was at 39 weeks and he was 6lbs. 14oz.

The number of pregnancies definitely makes a difference.

Brooke208
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Are you talking size?  You're probably just more bloated than usual.  At 12 weeks there isn't much there to "show".

If you were pregnant with twins they would have seen so on the ultrasound.  Otherwise there are no "signs" or symptoms of twins.

mlmartinez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM

the u/s doesn't always pick up the second baby as it could be hiding behind the first baby...i had a friend who we all knew she was having twins (just because of how big she was when she was pregnant at the early stages) and sure enough when they did the 2x monthly u/s (she was high risk) they finally found the second baby at almost 13 weeks!

good luck! you should find out if they can manuver the baby around to see behind it?

Momee2Six
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM

With each consecutive child you do end up looking bigger and bigger. I assume you mean in the size of your stomach and not the size of the child. If it is multiples there is nothing you can do until they find the second child in the ultrasound. GL and enjoy your pregnancy.

I am a sometimes CIO, sometimes BF, sometimes ERF depending of the child. Hugging and kissing until my babies beg me to stop. Tell my children and Husband I love them every single day. Give my children every thing they need and most of what they want.
Hand holding and closed mouth kissing in front of my children, cheering my children on from the sidelines, and supporting my husband in anything he does kind of Christian wife and mother to the greatest man currently living and 7 of the most beautiful children ever created!

squidsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM

If she's talking size, it's probably not just bloat. I'm 26 weeks now with our second and by 12 weeks I looked about 5months pregnant. My doctor told me it's normal after the first. Blow up a balloon, let the air out and blow it up again. It blows up easily the second time.

Quoting Brooke208:

Are you talking size?  You're probably just more bloated than usual.  At 12 weeks there isn't much there to "show".

If you were pregnant with twins they would have seen so on the ultrasound.  Otherwise there are no "signs" or symptoms of twins.

Loved4Sure
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Quoting squidsmommy:

What do you mean showing signs of being 16 weeks?

was my question too....

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Yep, with my 4th pregnancy..I looked 5 months pregnant at 11 weeks.

Quoting squidsmommy:

If she's talking size, it's probably not just bloat. I'm 26 weeks now with our second and by 12 weeks I looked about 5months pregnant. My doctor told me it's normal after the first. Blow up a balloon, let the air out and blow it up again. It blows up easily the second time.

Quoting Brooke208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)