Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help..and I need it now!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay so I really dont know whats wrong with me or whatever but I need some help..any advice is welcome and greatly appriciated!

So we just recently moved again (twice in 6 months..but this is permanent) anyways and I have 3 children ages 4 years old,2 years old and 10 months..and honestly from moving..health problems, and kids..Im honestly so exhausted! I just want to curl up in my room and be left alone for awhile! (or forever)

Well moving of course is tiring but its even harder when we had only a week's notice to move and I pretty much packed it all up with 3 kids stuck to my hip!

My health problems include..migraines, random bouts of passing out (still don't know why), chronic nausea and just chronic fatigue...OH and my hormones are out of whack because of birth control.

And well I wish I could say my kids are well behaved and follow the rules..don't fight..don't make a mess..but who would I be kidding? They are certainly not any of that..I mean they aren't horrible children but they are busy! My 4 year old has an attitude..my 2 year old constantly wants to push my buttons and my 10 month old just learned how to crawl and she is walking along the couches and getting into trouble (and knows she is doing it and laughs!) And she is also breastfed along with formula fed..

Im really not sure what to do to get my energy back but Im honestly so tired and exhausted that it is making me very moody and emotional..and I honestly can't get up to unpack (because Im just so tired) and my husband is getting on me because of it..I keep telling him whats wrong but I dont know..maybe he doesn't see it.

What can I do?! I need energy back! I know it sounds unhealthy and isn't the best thing for me I really want to go buy a case of energy drinks just to get up..ugh

Please somebody help me..Im starting to get depressed..ughcrying

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Loved4Sure
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:22 PM

find a way to leave your kids with someone for 2 days and recoop. That is the only logical thing.

I mean, if you have no one avaialble I don't know what to tell you.

claytonsmommy12
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I agree. Or at least find a couple of trust worthy friends who wouldn't mind taking your 4yr old and your 2yr old. At least then you can get some sleep and while your 10 month old is sleeping, you can sleep and when she's awake, put her in a walker or playpen with toys while you get things unpacked. You sound really overwhelmed and stressed out and just need a break. I only have one child, but in the summer time I get really (ok extremely) lazy and don't want to do anything, but I manage to force myself to do little things. Does your husband help out with the unpacking and the discipling of the children? If not, maybe you could ask him on his days off from work to help out a little because it's really adding up and like you said, it's becoming unhealthy for you.

Quoting Loved4Sure:

find a way to leave your kids with someone for 2 days and recoop. That is the only logical thing.

I mean, if you have no one avaialble I don't know what to tell you.

AlicaGreer
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM

It sounds like your Iron might be low...I would call the doctor and see if you can get on some iron pills. In the meantime, cut out caffeine and sugars and just drink water it will help rehydrate you so you won't get so many headaches. It is possible that you are becoming dehydrated because you are breastfeeding. I would call the doctor!! Good Luck!!

hugs

wright4
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:38 PM

maybe its depression thats causing some of your physical sypmtoms it can do that also after having kids alot of women tend to develop thyroid problems which can cause its on wealth of problems

phenomenallyMe
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I feel like I could have written your post!  I just went to the dr today to find out what is wrong with me.  I am soo exhausted.  At first I thought that it was from having a new baby.  Mine are 5, 2 and 6 months.  But, it has gone on for too long.  Today I went and saw my dr and he has done some blood work to see if it is my thyroid or my iron is low.  Please go see your dr.  I know how misearable you are feeling.  You deserve to feel better.

Like someone else said make sure you are hydrated and eating well. 

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.~Mother Teresa
MomTo2Boys2526
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Oh ladies I so need relief! Thanks for all of the advice! We just recently moved across the country away from family (who would be more than willing to take the kids for a couple of days) now we have a few good friends but they have their own lives and we are pretty tight on money so Im not sure what to do frustratedand yeah my husband does a lot when he is home but he works a new schedule 3pm til 11 pm so he is usually tired..its hard...some days I just wanna give up =(

oh and doctors are doing a bunch of testing to see whats wrong with me...MRI's..CAT scans, EEG tests, heart ultrasounds, heart monitors, and a bunch of different meds (non of which make me feel bad nor do they make me feel better)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)