Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can my milk come back?? (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my good friends just had a daughter (she is 7 weeks) and this past saturday was her mammas birthday so they asked me to babysit since I am the only friend with a child and they know they can trust me. I have heard and read many places that when around a newborn some times your milk will come back...Well as I am trying to rock her to sleep she keeps turning her head to my breast and tries to suck on my t-shirt all the while getting herself worked up in a fit. Her mom has choosen not to bs (even though I tried MANY times to convince her) so of course I try to give her a bottle and Im assuming that she, being a very insistant little girl already, just wanted my milk because although I could feel the tingle in my breasts, nothing was coming out, and when she couldnt have it decided it was a good plan to scream bloody murder until her parents came home...err 

My question is

A) If I were around her enough would my milk come back??

B) If that does happen should I offer her mom my breast milk?? or just take it upon my self to pump and feed her when I am babysitting....I know that sounds like over stepping but this little baby girl was just dying to get to my milk... I felt so horrible

I would LOVE it if my milk came back so that I could stop buying so much milk from the store to give my DS :)

what do you ladies think?????

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

I am an Organic feeding, co sleeping, non vaccinating, God loving, supporter of the Military, young, single mamma, and I wouldnt change anything about my life with my one and only little man!!
boy kissing mom

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
maryanna1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I don't think your milk will come back just from being around a newborn.  You would need to pump a lot or take fenugreek or something. 

I would NOT give her, your breastmilk without her mother's consent.  I would freak out if someone gave my child their breastmilk without my consent.  I would not let them do it even if they asked. 

peanutsmommy1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:15 PM

If you value your friendship, I would stay out of how she feeds her daughter. As long as she feeds the baby, it is none of your business how.

shesgot4kidz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM

i think if her mother wanted to BF her she would have. i know it was prob hard not to BF that little girl since she was like trying to get your boobs but i would never allow another wome nto  BF my babies with or without me knowing.

daltonslove
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I dont think ur milk will come back, but I dont think I would want anyone to offer my child their Bmilk either! I do know if it was done behind my back and I found out I would no longer be friends with said person, that would be taking advantage of my trust!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)