• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my iud fell out??? what?!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

well heres the thing...i was having pain with my mirena for about a month now. i would get a period and it would stop then again and stop..etc...for over a month. it hurt to do the deed with the hubby and i bled after everytime we did. i also did a check for the strings and they were MIA. so i went to the doc and she ordered a sonogram. nothing abnormal but couldnt see anything in the uterus that looked like the iud, she said that there was something there but they didnt know what, so i had an mri done today and i got a copy of the films myself and was looking at them and i am no doctor or anything but i can see nothing in there that looks remotely like an IUD. it would be pretty noticeable i would think to see something that foreign....

well is it possible it fell out and i didnt even know about it?

anybody have this happen to them or know someone that had it happen? if so did you know it was falling out? did you feel anything?

my husband and i came to the conclusion that if it did fall out i got an infection of some sort and that is why i was having pain. i have been on 2 different antibiotics since the sonogram cuz the doc wanted to take precautionary measures and i havent been in as much pain since i started. could that be possible as well?  

oh and i am still waiting on the doc to call me back with the final results of the MRI so i know for sure...i just hate waiting and wanted to know if i am the only one or if it happens often...

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommaRain2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I had an IUD and never had the problem with it falling out tho (sry cant help with that part) I have had and infection like you are describing every time we would do something it was painful for me and I spotted afterwards. I forgot what my doctor called it, but she put me on a heavy does of antibiotics and had a recheck and it was gone. Hope this helps you at least a little bit sorry i could not help you with the IUD. I had to have mine removed cause it caused an infection.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:37 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

medical questions

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

monkey013104
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM

My IUD fell out.  It had been moving down for a while and then I was at the DR getting a colposcopy done and it fell out while my DR was in there...  Ya I went back on Depo that day.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)