Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Vaccinating Momma's (Poll included)

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Will you get your child vaccinated for the swine flu?

Options:

yes

no

not really sure yet

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

I was watching something on the Swine Flu and how they are probably going to have a vaccine out this flu season.  Now i do get my 10 month old daughter vaccinated but i am seriously considering not getting her vaccinated for that because they said in this news report that they were doing everything that they could to rush this out so that they could have it this winter, and since they are rushing it i guess i am a little conserned, that and what the side effects might be.  Im not making any decions til i do more research on it, but i was wondering what other mothers that vaccinate are going to do.  Thanks mommas

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
2murphyboys
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM

More than likely I'll have my older boys vacced with it. But as for my younger child... that all depends on what happens between now and then.

Biancas_mommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Probably not I'm pretty pro vaccination mom...but I'm kida worried about the side effects this one has.  All the other vaccintions have been around for years..like 20 or more...I don't want to have to explain to my girls that their reproductive organs are messed up because we gave them a new expiermental vaccine when they were babies...I don't it just depends how bad it gets.  They don't go to daycare or places like that.  The biggest way they would get it would be from me bring it home from school.  If it becomes an epidemic I Might vaccinate myself and make DH get the shot so we will be less likely to contract it and bring it home.  Im less worried about the side effects for me then the side effects on my kids.

Wifey2Watson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM

My kids will not be getting it, the vaccine is too new and my kids aren't guinea pigs. 

samanthamoore3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM

no i am not going to let them give my kids the shot. I dont  know any thing about the shot and the doctors dont eather. if i give one the shot i will have to give the other 2 the shot and i dont want to make them sick from it or something worse then that. I have a 3 year  old and a 2 year old boy and a 1 year old girl thay are to little and it might kill them u never know

erika_wright
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:37 PM

im undecided. dh wants her to get it, i really dont.

the cdc recomended anyone from 6 months to 24 years get it.

but the reason thwey sugested that is because that is the school age group, elementary to college (and of course babies who they always recomd for). they say that itas because of being in close contact day after day with so many other people, especially in dorms. im 21, but dont live in a dorm and dont ever see other people in my age group. we see opne other little girl and thats it. so i dont know.

i mean they put out a new flu shot every year, but for some reason this one has me scared. i dot usually get the flu shot. i had to last year because of living w my mom.

like i said im not sure yet. 

Mommy to Elliot Marylyn (born 12/18/07), and Wife to Jerry Blaine (married 5/19/07), TTC baby #2! And SOOO happy with my LIFE!

Mel30248
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I'm not interested letting my DD get this one. Shes 20 months old & as the previous mommies have said its very new I dont want to risk having side effects or whatever. Plus the Swine Flu so far here in the United States hasent proven to be anything more then a typical flue right? So I dont see the issue with us even getting it, we get the flu all the time just sleep, keep hydrated, & take tylanol to keep down fevers.

I'm sure my SO will want her to get it but I will fight him on this one.

ht1403
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM

i just talked to DH and he agrees that we dont get it, for all the reasons that you all put.  Thanks for the input!

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I do have my daughter vaccinated but i will not have her vaccinated with the flu shot.  I do not get the flu shot and had not had the flu until last year and it was very mild.   I do not trust this vaccine because it is coming out way to fast. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)