Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to get him to sleep in his bed???

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

DS is 7 months now and we are wanting to get him to sleep in his bed. he is going through a gotta have mommy stage lately but we are wanting to get him out of our bed and into his.  His bed is right next to my side of the bed (we are in a one bedroom apt currently) so he can see me from his bed.

Any advice would be welcomed!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mlmartinez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM

anyone? please?

MommyOnLI
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:41 PM

since he is in a bed, why dont you lay with him until he falls asleep and then go to your bed.

my DS has been in a bed since he was 13 months old, and sometimes when he has a rough night my DH or I will lay with him until he falls back asleep.  we couldnt do that when he was in his crib, so he wound up in bed with us some nights

officerjoeys
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I don't know how helpful this will be, but maybe try putting him down for naps first. Then try bedtime. Or try to put him to bed before you go to bed, then you can "sneak" in later after he's asleep. I don't know....mine didn't sleep in my bed ever, but I did have to share a room with a couple of them. Those are the two ideas I tried and it worked. Good luck :)

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink

mlmartinez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Quoting MommyOnLI:

since he is in a bed, why dont you lay with him until he falls asleep and then go to your bed.

my DS has been in a bed since he was 13 months old, and sometimes when he has a rough night my DH or I will lay with him until he falls back asleep.  we couldnt do that when he was in his crib, so he wound up in bed with us some nights

sorry about that but when i say his bed i mean his pack n play...DH is planning on building his crib/toddler bed this fall with the help of his (DH's) grandfather...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)