Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Implantation Bleeding???

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

My husband and I are planning for a baby and I have 8 days before I start my period, and we have already started trying. I spotted light pink blood today. One of my friends who is a nurse said it sounded like implantation bleeding.

Is it? Can anyone help me?

goodI am Amanda, wifey to Barry and mommy to Jenna.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gavin423
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Fo you know when you ovulated? Generally, the average is about 9 days post ovulation when women experience implantation bleeding. It sounds about the right timing if you are 8 days from Af.  If the spotting stops and doesn't become flow, I would wait until the next morning and test with FMU.

Cafe GroupAdmin
Happy autumn!
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

medical questions

Pregnancy Groups
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Parkermomma44
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I asked this question yesterday lol. Yea was it way different from your regular period blood???Mine was kind of brown and had alot of....texture to it,  TMI I know lol

AmandaAwesome
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

It was light pink and had a texture to it, yes. But when I was pregnant with my first, I had implantation bleeding and it was brown.

Parkermomma44
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Hmmmm.....see I dont remember if I had bleeding with my first. I guess I'll know when I take a test this weekend lol. My guess would be that you are. Are your periods usually regular?

AmandaAwesome
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I take my test this weekend too!!! Haha, and yeah, it's usually regular. I've never been irregular.

Quoting Parkermomma44:

Hmmmm.....see I dont remember if I had bleeding with my first. I guess I'll know when I take a test this weekend lol. My guess would be that you are. Are your periods usually regular?

gavin423
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

It was light pink and had a texture to it, yes. But when I was pregnant with my first, I had implantation bleeding and it was brown.

IB can be pink OR red, so it still may be. :)

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

There really is no way to tell. The first month I was TTC (2 years ago) I obsessed over every single little pinch and pain and discharge. It drove me insane! I was still nursing and while I was obsessing over all these things, in reality, I hadnt even Ovulated yet (I totally thought I did b/c the clear blue easy fertility monitor said I did...). I gave up about a week after my period was due since I still had no period and negative pregnancy tests. (Period started August 1st, and a week into September I gave up on obsessing). At the end of September I still had no period. I went to my doc for a kidney stone and turns out I was pregnant and conceived on September 9th...Sooooooo all those aches and pains I swore was implantation cramping, and bleeding was actually absolutely nothing but my immagination, lol. Now I was breastfeeding at the time so my ovulation was totally out of whack, but just try not to obsess over every pain...It'll drive you mad :)

I hope it is implantation bleeding, especially if you experienced it the first time around. You could have ovulated a few days early...It it IS implantation bleeding, you could probably get a positive test in 3 days or so...After it implants, your body starts producing HcG...GOOD LUCK TO YOU. My period started August 1st, I'm still nursing, and havent ovulated yet (exactly like 2 years ago, so crazy!) so maybe we'll end up being due around the same time. If I'm lucky enough to catch the first egg :) Sorry this is so long! LOL!

My name is Erin and I'm Happily married to Matt. We have 2 beautiful children, Kylie (6-13-06) and Lucas (5-23-08), and we're TTC our 3rd and last baby.

AmiJanell
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I had implantation bleeding when I was pregnant with my son... I knew found out I was pregnant about 9 days after ovulation and had spotting a few time... first the night before I test... and then a few days later I had some more spotting.

I would test in the AM if I were you! Good luck!

PhotobucketPhotobucketthextended-rear-facing.gif image by murphythecat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)