• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have a birthday coming up, and dh wants to know what I want to do for it. Well, I don't know what I want this year. It seems like we always just end up going out to dinner, and that's it, which always seems really nice at the time, but then I look back on it and think, is that really all I wanted for my b-day? Not that I need some really great gift or anything, but this year I'd just like to spice it up a little, do something a little different, I'm just drawing a blank. I'm prego, so that kind of limits me as well. I'd love for him to take me to an amusement park or something, but I wouldn't be able to ride the rides I want to ride lol. So, what do you ladies do to make your b-days special, or what do your dh/so do to make it special for you?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mily4
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM

My DH usually makes me a fruit pizza with only raspberries and strawberries on it every year for my cake.  It's my favorite and he stays up baking and decorating for me.  He takes the kids shopping and let's them each pick something out for me.  Usually a chain with pendants that I can mix and match or whatever they think I'll like.  We usually can't find a sitter, so then he makes me a late dinner and we slow dance in the kitchen with candles.  It might sound boring, but I look forward to that night every year.  We do it other times occasionally, but not all together...ya know?  Sometimes, if we can afford it he'll get me concert tickets or tickets to the theatre so I get two nights, my late night birthday dinner and dinner and a show a different night.   

JoeMax
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)