Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

flu shot will your kids get it?????

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

my dd's peds is all for it. i wasnt sure i wanted to get it for her last year we got her the flu mist and she got sick so i am so hesintant this year kwim??? are you getting it for your kids??? should i???

my reason for getting up everyday she is 3 and she is my world.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Buggy979
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM

this is a personal choice I will not be getting it for my girls. If they get the flu so be it they then will develop antibodies and move on. Giving so many vaccinations for all this sickness can cause more of an outbreak in my opinion!

kimikylemama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Yes, my kids get all their vaccines.

no-drama-momma
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Nope...not getting them the H1N1 vax either.

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
JOIN MY GROUP:  Anything and Everything...EXCEPT disrespect
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM

oh ya that one i wont either

Quoting no-drama-momma:

Nope...not getting them the H1N1 vax either.

our  miracle from God. he truley blessed us she is 3 she is our world.

momtoezzie
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I'm going to. My daughter is six months, and I want to take as many preventative measures as possible.

I thought that when they get the vaccine, they inject a little bit of the virus. Isn't that how they build up the immune to it? That would make sense as to why she was sick after the shot.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

i am not sure with the shot she was sick after the flu mist which they put in thier nose and i heard that one is a live virus. when i got her the shot at 1 yr she didtn get sick so i think it was just the mist reaction to it maybe???

Quoting momtoezzie:

I'm going to. My daughter is six months, and I want to take as many preventative measures as possible.

I thought that when they get the vaccine, they inject a little bit of the virus. Isn't that how they build up the immune to it? That would make sense as to why she was sick after the shot.

our  miracle from God. he truley blessed us she is 3 she is our world.

Makenzies_mom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM
yes i will be i dont want to but i was court ordered to or her dad would do it. i had to last yr aginst my will.
momtoezzie
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Oh I don't know about the mist. Lol. I don't know though. It's up to you. :)

Quoting Godsgirl4ever06:

i am not sure with the shot she was sick after the flu mist which they put in thier nose and i heard that one is a live virus. when i got her the shot at 1 yr she didtn get sick so i think it was just the mist reaction to it maybe???

Quoting momtoezzie:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:07 AM

not to sound mean so dont think I am trying to be but many times it has been documented of kids still getting the virus even if they have the shots for it. Also you would not believe all the stuff that goes into those vaccines. Scary scary stuff

Quoting momtoezzie:

chairhead28
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I vaccinate my children...but they will not be getting (never have gotten) the flu shots. I have a 28 month old and an 11 month old. I do not get the flu shot, neither does my DH. The only person I know that does is my mom, and she has to because she's a nurse. 

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), semi co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), semi-CIO, vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)