• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to stab my dog unless you can help

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM
  • 44 Replies

My dog has started peeing in the house all the time.  On the floor and ON THE COUCH.  She has been doing it almost every day lately.  I have been taking her out every 2-3 hours for the past couple of days and it's not helping.  We moved a 2 or 3 weeks ago so I think that's part of it but it can't keep happening.  She's a little over 2 years.  What can I do??  Re-housetrain her?  I'm starting to hate her.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajswenson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Oh that would suck.  Ask the vet???  I don't know sorry.

kristinaleann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM

The only advice that I know is to put her outside. I dont have experience for inside dogs.

Magen85
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

When I moved from Virginia beach back to my home town with my dog. He would get confused of what door he was suppose to sit by and it led to him peeing in the house. Have you showed her the door to sit by to let you know she needs to go potty?

gavin423
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

If it is unusual behavior for her, I would take her to see the vet first off. She could have a urinary tract infection or some other reason causing it.

Otherwise, does she have a crate? If she can't be trusted to not urinate in the house, I would crate her (or pen her in a specific area - specifically a non-carpeted area)  when you cannot watch over her. Resort back to setting a schedule of when you'll take her outside - including shortly after every meal, drink, and playtime. For extra incentive, you could start giving extra yummy treats when she potties outside to reinforce everything again.

Buggy979
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM

animal shelter or pound! yuck

connietrrll
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Take her to the vet. She may have a urinary track infection. If not then you may have to re-train her. Good luck!

JoeMax
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I would start retraining her, but chances are, since you just moved, she's feeling a little insecure. So, I'd also start crating her if I were you, to help her start to feel more comfortable in the house. I would go out with her when you put her out, I know my dog often times won't go to the bathroom anywhere unfamiliar, and the only way to get him to is to go out with him. I know it's a pain. If you work, or leave the house, I'd make sure she's in the crate, that way she won't have any chance of peeing anywhere wihile you're away. Hope this helps, I've dealt with a lot of animals, and I think maybe this will work for you!

dawnm259
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I have a 2 year old dog that did this when I first got her because the owners before me never trained her right it took me about 3 months to train her right and I hated that she peed everywhere but what I did was every time she peed she would go in her kennel and she would stay there till it was time to go out again if she went outside she was allowed out of her kennel but if she didn't go outside she went back in her kennel when we came inside because she would pee on the floor. When ever she went outside and went to the bath room I gave her a treat as soon as she went that helped alot to this day she still wont tell me when she has to go out so I just take her out every 45min to a hour and it works for her and me. good luck

janette23

wow!

thats why there are so many dogs and cats ins helters becuase of ppl like you who adopt dogs dogs then when something goes wrong give them to teh pound.

I would try to give her some time.Some dogs get stresses out from moving goodluck

Quoting Buggy979:

animal shelter or pound! yuck

tbursac777

i would do what the other mom's said. crate her. in an open area, where she can see you. stil let her out ever 2-3 hrs, but put her back in the crate afterwards. eventually she will be retrained. moving is stressful for everyone, including pets.

easter09073-2.jpg picture by tbursac

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)