• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this my responsibility or the dentists?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM
  • 2 Replies

I got a filling done on the tooth right next to my front tooth. It was done in January. I got braces put on a month ago, and about a week ago I noticed the cavity showing on my tooth. I went to my ortho today and he took my wire out so I can get the filling done, and he said the cavity definitely looks old, not new...

Soooo since its only been 8 months since the filling was done, shouldnt they have to fix it at no charge? I'm highly doubtful they will do that...but thats what I feel should happen...

What do you think? I go in tomorrow...

My name is Erin and I'm Happily married to Matt. We have 2 beautiful children, Kylie (6-13-06) and Lucas (5-23-08), and we're TTC our 3rd and last baby.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lapcounter
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I was a dental asst. for 10 years and sometimes decay does not show up on x-rays if it is new then yes you should pay for it, if it is a filling that he just did then no you should not, but not knowing your dental history and seeing x-rays it is really hard to answer.

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM

It would depend on whether or not they saw it before.  If they didn't, then you can't really fault them for that.  It could have been small or unnoticeable.  They are only human.  If they did and skipped over it, then it should be their responsibility.

*When I pray "coincidences" happen, when I don't pray, they don't*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)