Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fact: men are lazy.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:03 PM
  • 82 Replies

Poll

Question: How often does your man help you around the house & w/ the kids?

Options:

Always-i dont have to ask

Only when i ask

Maybe after asking 58249 times (lol)

Never. He is useless.

other...explain:)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 237

View Results

i needed to see exactly how many men (husbands/SO) actually do shit around the house to help you out.

My DH doesn't do SHIT even when i ask him to. He says he will do it on his "own time"....and that's usually never. We both currently do not have jobs so there is no excuse for him NOT to help. I even have to do everything for our 13 month old DD!!!!

How do you get your DH/SO to help around the house? Thanks girls!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM

If my husband's not working (a rare occurrence), he does as much as he can around the house. 

LeannBecker

DH acts like i just asked him to cut off his arm whenever i mention the dishes

Mrs.Loeffel

i'm jealous. lol

Quoting Se7enTh1rt3en:

If my husband's not working (a rare occurrence), he does as much as he can around the house. 

ainsworth3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I guess I am just lucky, my husband is very help full all the time.in love

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
ThePinkRobot
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I picked other.  He just recently started being more helpful, inexplicably.  I actually don't really care for his cleaning style.  Uh, hell no, I don't complain AT ALL if he does clean, but I don't ask him to help.  Really, I'd like to to it myself.  BUT I do complain about him not hanging w/ our son and keeping him occupied so that I am free to cook and clean.  I have abandoned a couple dinners mid-preparation because I refuse to keep the baby occupied and cook while he is playing on the computer in his freaking boxers.  So lately, he has been much more involved w/ our son.  Genuinely having fun playing w/ him, not just to shut me up.  I like it like that. 

jeweldog
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I'm lucky... I hardly have to ask him to help, he just does it.  If I do ask for something, he will do it without having to ask again, He may not get to it right away but he does it as soon as he can.  He even share the remote control.  That and he is nice to look at and provides so well for us.

Masons_Mommy08
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:14 PM

When my husband is home he does anything to help around the house including taking care of our son

i love my soldier Pictures, Images and Photos

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:31 PM

My husband is an over the road truck driver so it is a bit impossible for him to help me but he does what he can when he can. He is actually very helpful when he is home he puts the laundry away and now that our dishwasher is broken he washes the dishes for me. He also takes care of the outdoor stuff and anything else that i ask him to if he has time sometimes it has to be put off until the following week but he tries. 

lilkgfan
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:36 PM

My husband acts a little ADD/OCD, so he can't sit still or stand when things aren't in order. I don't really have to ask him to do anything he just does it but I thank him everytime just so he knows I appreciate it. The only thing he won't do is shave the dog because he wiggles too much and my husband gets frusterated. I love my husband and his helpfulness :-) 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
armywife9
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM

My dh helps out alot when he is home. I dont ever have to ask him he just jumps in and helps. If he doesnt do dishes he watches the kids so I can get some done which in my eyes is helping big time lol. I got a great husband and I am lucky.

I am Racheal a 25 yr old SAHM married to Adam for 5 yrs. I have 2 kids Riley-4 yrs and Aidan-15 mon. I know I am not a perfect mom, I spank when needed, use disposable diapers, FF, forward faced at 1 yr old, use the CIO method, and I don't cosleep but I love my kids more than anything and will do what I see is fit for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)