Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated with DH....a lil long but not too bad

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:39 AM
  • 3 Replies

Alright so here is the issue:

I love my husband very very much. He has brought me out of depression and became the father to my son that my son never had before and he is a wonderful father to our daughter. That being said we got into a fight tonight and it is really bothering me. I have a full time job but am currently on maternity leave. Well my sister waitresses at a small town restaurant and makes more money than I do. I have interviewed with her boss and and hoping he plans on hiring me. Well I thought that my dh had discussed all of the pros and cons to this and agreed I could go along with it. Well it seems I thought wrong and he doesn't want me to quit my current job until we see if I make enough at the new job. So I am going to have to work to jobs for at least a two months to determine this. Hopefully my current boss will let me work part time. The reason I am so upset by this is because I hate my job and make me very unhappy and want to leave. I do understand that we need my income. Honestly though my husband is the HOH and determines the final answer to pretty much all of our major choices. Yes he def listens to my side and def uses my opinion however the final choice is his. I usually am very content and even like this because I am a very passive person and like having someone to guide things along. But he isn't budging and I know I won't be able to change his mind. Can all you lovely ladies tell what you think about this?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AmoMisBebes
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Hmm, I would be the first to tell you to do what YOU think is better for your family, financially, but having made a dumb mistake switching jobs myself thinking I was going to be making more money at the new place, I would say if you can, try doing both and see which is more beneficial.

I left my job because I was unhappy and thought I would love the new job more and make more money.  Boy was I wrong, not only did I NOT make more (they screwed me on a promised raised) but I was no where near happy.  I missed my old job.  And to top it all off, the new place laid me off this past April.  I know for a fact I would still be at my old job, making a lot more money too.  And to top this all off, my SO told me he thought me switching jobs was a bad idea. 

So think about it, and if you can do both, do them.  The grass isn't always greener on the other side, believe me, I learned the hard way.

Loved4Sure
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I think your DH has a ppoint but I don't think he is right.

You have the right idea talking to your boss, because technically while on maternity leave you are not supoosed to work or earn any wages from anyone.

Be careful and do the right thing for all involved, including yourself!!

Jell_E_Bean13
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM

<bump>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)