Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dds boyfriend and friends set her up

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

My DD had this b/f from another town and about 5 days ago he broke up with her unexpectly. well he gave her some  excuses like he was confused & because they went to different schools and he wasnt sure what she was doing in our town and such..It didnt help matters that he talked to her ex b/f in an IM  and of course he didnt have very nice things to say about her.

The last 2 days hes been IMing her and said he missed her and wanted to talk to her about everything so she went to his house today to talk and it just went bad. He and his friends came up with this plan where his friend and his g/f pretended to get into  a fight and blame it on my dds b/f cheating with this other girl.Well it all turned out to be just an act.. For some reason he changed his mind today about wanting to get back with her and he said he didnt want to hurt her so they came up with htis plan to make her hate him and not want to go back out with him.He said he meant what he said in the IMs but for some reason was confused today and changed his mind. Baloney.they are just some cruel kids who had a good laugh at my dds expense.

I know this is all teenage stuff but my poor daughter was hurt so bad by this & I don't know what to say or do to make her feel better..I have to add She has had alot of problems latley with depression and such and tried to commit suicide a few months ago by taking pills.I have her in therapy and it has been helping her alot.but I'm afraid this may make her take a step backwards now and I don't know what to do

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
2murphyboys
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:07 AM

I was suicidal as a teenager as well. Mine was because I had an emotionally abusive father who made sure I didn't have any "good" friends. The only thing I can really suggest that would help with her situation is to let her know that you love her and that if she wants to talk or needs anything you are there and you won't judge her for ANYTHING she says.

Tell her to just hold her head up high. He was the loser not her. Help her take care of herself physically and eventually the emotions will follow. How old is she?

kat478
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:09 AM

She is almost 15..She has such low self esteem as it is and I'm worried this will just make it worse..

2murphyboys
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Ok well I just went and looked at your profile. I certaintly don't envy you! A very emotional 14 yr old.

Something that may help is to take her to get her hair and makeup done professionally. You can't go cheap either. Treat her to a mother daughter spa day. And yes you do have to buy some of the makeup that they  use. Preferably the foundation and lipstick or gloss.

Get her involved in the community as well. Music or volunteering. Candy stripper at the hospital maybe. When her focus is on someone else's problems that are alot more serious she may get better.

You can PM me anytime you want. I'm only 23 so I remember my teen years VERY clearly. Good Luck and God Bless!

rileysmommy811
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM

I sympathise with your daughter.

She reminds me of me when I was 15/16.

I'm sorry that happened to her =[

Arianas_mommy09
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:16 AM

your daughter sounds allot like my sister-in-law who is also 15... we are really close she tells me everything but then never takes my advise. i think at that age there isnt much you can tell them they are always going to act on there feelings. my sister in law is forever falling "in love" then things fall apart a few weeks later. shes taking medicine for her depression.i try to tell her how she can fix things im like one of her best friends and she still wont listen...you just have to let her know your there for her. take her to go get ice cream or something, do something small with her. just so she knows she can open up to you.

pregnancy week by week
jennie1977
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Just continue to be a supportive caring mom and continue her therapy. I know it's hard cause you wish you could do more but that's the best you can do for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)