Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Going crazy stuck in the house

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:46 AM
  • 0 Replies

I have a 5 year old with special needs, and a 4 month old baby. It is an ordeal every time we try to go out somewhere. The 5 year old is extremely hyperactive and runs off, and I can't keep up to chase him with baby in tow. I don't have a double stroller (nor could I find one that had one side big enough for 5 year old, and the other side small enough for baby) My oldest son will sit still if strapped into a stroller, but then it is too tough for me to push it while I am carrying the baby. Sit and stand strollers are not good enough for him, b/c they don't keep him strapped in well enough and he runs off. I have tried slings to hold the baby and give me one hand free, but here in South Florida it is HOT, especially in the summer, and the baby just cries b/c he is too hot being held so close to me and covered by the sling.

We can't do anything outside, like parks or walks, b/c it is too darn hot out.

I usually try to go places where they have carts, like target, where I can fit the car seat for baby, and the oldest can sit up front and be buckled in, denying him the chance to run off on me. BUT we are getting a little sick of target and the supermarket and need to look for other things to do.

I work from home during the week, and am usually stuck in the house all weekend as well. Hubby works all weekend long, so when I have time available to take the kids out, I am usually all alone. We don't have family or friends in the area, so I really don't have anyone here to help me when I want to take the kids out. I feel bad making them stay in just b/c it is too tough to go anywhere.

Please help, any suggestions you have would be GREAT!

Thanks.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)