Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody know about MI disability and medicaid

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so my dad has severe arthrius in his spine and cant really do anything. Hes been unemployed for a while now he has VERY high blood pressure and even on medications its still high. Hes hospitalized about once a week at least for his blood pressure. His mom died at age 32 while 7 months pregnant because of high blood pressure and hes border line diabetic. Hes changed his entire diet and he exersizes for what he can.

He worked for 20years diamond plating surgical tools working with acids and walking on concrete floors all day every day. He also did contruction on the side.

He applied for medicaid in MAY they let his papers sit on a desk for over a month and he still hasnt been told yes or now, but he can afford to go to the doctors or hospital with no insurance but he cant work with arthritus in his spine...

Anybody have ideas.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bonnie
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Is Medicaid the only thing he has applied for? Is he on unemployment? Has he tried applying for Social Security Disability? You can set up a telephone interview for him for it.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:36 AM

wave

Hi,

If you'd like to find CafeMom members in your area, click on this Newcomers Club thread... Newcomers Club - Find Moms In Your Area - Click Here!.

Hope that helps!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

claytonsmommy12
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:52 AM

If Medicaid still hasn't given you an answer, you can call on his behalf. Just let them know what's going on and give them the information they need. I had to do that when I didn't get a response and I needed my Medicaid for my son so I called everyday until I finally got a really nice woman who went and got my paperwork and put it ahead of everyone elses'. I heard something back from them within 4 or 5 days. I would definitely call and check up on it.

afrw2007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Well i currently live in North Carolina and he lives in Michigan. He goes up there a lot and calls and really gets no where. hes talked to managment as far as i know as well.

Hes not on unemployment because he manages a building of 5 apartments but it doesnt make up his old income at all. he used to make 24/hour...

I sent him a weblink for social security disability.

Also his wife does not work, shes a bipolar and so is her 16 year old son, so her child is on medicaid but im not sure about her. I just know she cant hold a job at all after working for a week she starts heavily drinking again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)