Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to lose weight?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:21 AM
  • 10 Replies

Its been almost 3 years now since I had my last baby and I am bigger now than when I gave birth to her. I never lost the baby weight, and I stress and struggle everyday with my weight. Obesity does run in my family, but Ive got to lose weight some how. Any tips? Share your stories of how you lost your baby weight please!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:25 AM

I am still loosing but I have started walking, swimming, eating breakfast (cereal that has lots of fiber in it), drink tons of water, I eat small things during the day like watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries with blue berries, if I crave pop then I allow myself one diet pop during the day, and grilling or baking foods and not frying them.

newagemom700
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:29 AM

swimming!!! its so effortless but such a great workout. also FIBER!!!! if your input is more than your output you will not lose a pound, you will GAIN. also, practice some stress relieving techniques...We as women, when we are stressed it plays with our matabolism which makes us gain weight...also, eating small "meals" throughout the day rather than 3 large meals.

Hisservent
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Obesity runs in my family as well. Right now, I am the smallesy person out of 5 of us. My mom fought with it all her life. Growing up, my sister had anorexia and my brother and I were the chubby ones. When I started highschool, I started to diet. People were calling me names, so I would eat only what would fit on a saucer plate and that would be it. I walked every day after school. I did lose weight and i matured. My sister got married and within 3 years, she went from 125lbs to 170. Then she got pregnant. When I got married I was 130lbs. Ideal normal weight for a 22  year old who was 5'3". After a year I had gained 20 lbs from the Birth control pill. I tried Slim Fast, Special K, Herbalife, and plain old portion control. But none of that worked.  Everyone at work was doing weight watchers, so my former boss bought me a book and showed me how to do it because I couldn't afford $50 a month meetings. I stuck with it and lost the 20 lbs in 2 months. My sister never did lose the weight after having her son. I got pregnant and when I came home from the hospital I was 165lbs. I droped 2 of that and stayed 163 for over 2 years. So, back in March of this year, I decided to get back on Weight Watchers. I am not a member so I don't attend meetings. But I follow the points system and you can find info on that on line. If you would like help from me, just let me know. So far I have lost 19 lbs. I have 4 left to go to be 140 which is what my dr said I should be. I think my building muscle is making it harder to reach 140 though lol.

My sister has had another child and is about 230 lbs. I am determined to be the smallest because I don't want to end up like my mom, obese and diabetic.

One big tip...drink 1/2 ur body weight in water. I drink 74 oz water a day. Lots of whole grains and whole wheat. lots of fiber, lots of fruits and veggies. PORTION CONTROL..is really what weight watchers is.

I am Crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! All that I have, all that I am, all that I will ever be is because of You, Lord!

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I am changing the way I eat and drink to. For snack times I eat freah veggies and fruits or popcorn.  WE never really fry foods.  Drink tons of water.  no sugary drink.  But I do give my self a glass or 2 of cola.  I normaly to to only drink 1 galss aday.  \

Cleaning is a good work out to.  when they kids are outside i will jump with them on the trampoline with them.  or i will walk the back yard 

rosebud727
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I had a few surgeries awhile back that changed my who molecular structure. What used to work for weight loss just didn't work for me anymore. Everyone has their triggers, I am sure you have heard that before. What I did was try to take things out of my diet that I knew where not good for me.

The last one that I absolutely didn't want to take out was sugar. And by removing I mean making an effort to not have any processed sugar in my diet. So I stopped making muffins for my girls, and wanted to really kick start this diet and did just that. I reduced my portions and took out all the sugar.

I don't have sugar in my coffee and I don't drink juice. I have never been a fan of soft drinks so that wasn't an issue. I work with a group of people that have many candy bowls throughout the office and like to have pastries for our Monday morning meetings. While they fill up on that I just eat anything but the sugar items. I have always been a huge fan of fruit and eat lots of it.

I lost 35 pounds. I am 5' 2" and weight about 130 lbs now. I didn't join any groups because I needed to do something that I had control over. I have always exercised so that was never an issue that just help me with muscle, strength and energy.

That's what worked for me...:)

krisalynn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Thanks for the replies! I have a terrible time with portion control because I never feel full. I am trying to take away sugar and eat more fruits and I'm not getting much results.I exercise as much as possible, but my back starts to hurt from all this excess weight. I really want to get healthier, I just cant seem to do it on my own. My family wasn't really healthy either , so I really don't know how to be "healthy." Thanks for the tips!

krisalynn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM

bump

MJWard
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I can relate I was up to 245lbs almost 3 years after having my son..I FINALLY kicked my own butt. I kept it SIMPLE and that is truly the key..I say start counting calories it is fool proof! i have lost 50lbs between feb-june I ate 1700 cal a day and drank a coffee cup of hot water with lemon juice 15 min B4 lunch and dinner and it was VERY helpful.

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

mommamiaria
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Cut down on carbs & eliminate desserts

Switch from white products to whole wheat

Skip the soda and drink water, water, water

Do not skip meals

Eat 5 or 6 smaller meals throughout the day to keep the metabolism going

Dinner should be your lightest meal and do not eat after 6:00PM

Exercise, Exercise, Exercise - Walking, biking, etc. at least 3 times a week

Choose healthy snacks - veggies and fruits

krisalynn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:22 PM

bump thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)