Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping question

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM
  • 3 Replies

I need some advice.  I have a three week old who is a joy to have in our family.  Here is the problem:  She sleeps peacefully in her boppy pillow, swing, and car seat.  Usually at night she wakes up every three or four hours.  Well last night when my dh finished feeding her he put her in her boppy pillow.  He fell asleep and she slept for 6 hours.  I got up and fed her and then put her in her crib.  She slept but with lots of noise like grunting or crying.  When I went in to check on her she was asleep.  Why does she sleep soundly with her boppy pillow but not her crib?  She is always noisy in her crib.  Any suggestions?????  She has alot of gas so I was not sure if laying flat hurts her stomach.  I  have slightly inclined her crib to see if it helps.  What do you think?????????????? 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LeNiMom25
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Maybe you could try putting the boppy pillow in the crib. Maybe it's the comfort of having something snug to her body like that that helps her relax and sleep better.

mommak78
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I am saying this with caution but, you should not let your baby slepp in a boppy. I had a dear friend whose baby died while sleeping in a boppy pillow becasue he was not able to hold is head up yet and he slipped down and suffocated. I am not saying this to scare you just to give you heads up!  If your chils is sleeping elevated better than flat, he/she probably has reflux. This is serious and should be looked into. Babiesrus has a really wonderful sleep positioner and a wedge to put under your child's crib mattress. Although it may cost a little money, it helped all 3 of my reflux babies and it was so worth it! also ask your pediatrician about the use of Prevacid for reflux and also a medicine called Reglan. they are very helpful to keep esophagus from errosion. Often times reflux is diagnosed when babies don't sleep laying flat! Hope this helps!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Infant/Baby Groups

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)