Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a job inteview on The 1st!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have a job interview on Sept. 1st. Problem; I have not been on an interview in almost 9 years! (I have been a SAHM). Okay, so does anyone have any advice for me? What should I do or say? And I have my ears pierced 3 times in each ear, would it be okay to wear earrings in all three holes? Or just the first ones? (the interview is for a position as a city clerk at city hall) Any advice is wanted and greatly appreciated!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lovemybaby283
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I would only wear earrings in the first holes. Dress up very nice. makeup, hair done. No perfume though. don't talk to much, make eye contact, and smile. Try to stay relaxed and calm. When they ask you your biggest weakness don't say you don't have any. I usually say that I am far to organized and that tends to drive those around me crazy. As for your strengths just name  one or two,say that you are a good people person and that you love to learn new things. You don't want to come off proud. try not to fidget to much. um.....oh and when you walk in shake everyone's hand. I think that is it good luck I hope you get it.

in love toddler boystork

retsillacam
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:31 AM

thank you!

Quoting lovemybaby283:

I would only wear earrings in the first holes. Dress up very nice. makeup, hair done. No perfume though. don't talk to much, make eye contact, and smile. Try to stay relaxed and calm. When they ask you your biggest weakness don't say you don't have any. I usually say that I am far to organized and that tends to drive those around me crazy. As for your strengths just name  one or two,say that you are a good people person and that you love to learn new things. You don't want to come off proud. try not to fidget to much. um.....oh and when you walk in shake everyone's hand. I think that is it good luck I hope you get it.

wilesmomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Another thing, don't bring it up you have children. They might see that as a weakness and question you ability to show up all the time, even though you have a babysitter or children in school.  

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I would dress nice, and only one set of earrings, if you wear perfume just a little bit. Make up, hair, the works. Good Luck!

good luck 

kittenripmaygo
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM

When  you dress nice, stay away from jeans. Wear slacks. and minimize on the jewelry. 1 pair of earrings, or a nice necklace [nothing too shiny.. ] Don't fidget, don't get scared lol

and don't answer questions right on the dot. take a few seconds to collect everything in your head so you won't give off the wall answers lol and if you don't know the question, take a deep breath and make up a lie [one that sounds good and that if they keep asking about it, you'll back it up.] EX: have you ever worked in a group? and lets say you NEVER worked in a group, make up a lie about it. name a random project and what you did in the group.

CONGRATS! hope you get the job

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)