Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honastly, WTH do we do? *EDIT in orange*

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

Okay I know we aren't supposed to but mom's get sick right?  Yesterday I had the Flu so freakin bad I thought I was dying.  I was also *what I found out was a heart issue* having other problems. well my husband got mad that i took my kids to daycare and stayed in bed all day, well i was at the doctor 2 I picked my kids up 6 hours later when I finally wasn't "getting sick" anymore and had been to the doctor.  What do you mom's do when you are sick?  My body hurt so bad yesterday I couldn't make them breakfast and when I was trying I was just getting sick, so what would you do?

Well of course there isn't as many replies to this as lets say a carseat question lol, but I feel better knowing what I would have had to do, if I not had a free day for daycare.  No mommy is perfect, but we aren't bad either because we are sick.  Everyone's job slacks a little bit when we are sick and I am just really relieved to know I am not the only mother who feels bad about what to do with their children when they are sick.  Yesterday was supposed to be my first mom's class or something like that and I didn't get to go because I had the flu so bad.  It was disappointing, but hopefully there is another one to go to.  Thanks for what everyone has said it really does make me feel more of a human. :)

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:52 AM

When I'm sick like that, my husband stays home from work.  We don't have a babysitter, daycare or family around, it's just us.  When I'm functionally sick, I just do thinks like normal.  I have to be throwing up and in bed before I ask if he'll stay home.

*When I pray "coincidences" happen, when I don't pray, they don't*

LeanneC
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Honestly? I would turn on cartoons for the older one in my room and lay in bed with the baby all day.  Last time I got that sick my mom took my 3 y/o, I think, and then came over afterward to make everyone dinner.  I still had the baby all day (no choice)... he was sick too though and wouldn't nurse and my boobs were in as much pain as the rest of me!

I do not want to repeat that episode again any time soon.  (*knock on wood*).

lundaylove
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM

when im sick, its movie day. i pop in their favorite movies, yay for dora and the backyardigans and yo gabba gabba, and we just cuddle on the couch all day long. curtains stay shut, we'll eat lunchables or something as easy, and just veg out. I try not to move as much as i can, but i do what i gotta do as we dont have the money to send 3 kids to daycare, not on a lowly enlisted pay (military)

alwaysyoung
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

When I'm sick like that, my husband stays home from work.  We don't have a babysitter, daycare or family around, it's just us.  When I'm functionally sick, I just do thinks like normal.  I have to be throwing up and in bed before I ask if he'll stay home.

I have had to do this before. I am happy my hubby has sick time vacation time and personal time to use.

miss_kali
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Well, I don't have anyone around to help if I get sick. If my bf has sick pay he takes a day off, if not I just take care of the kids...Last time I was sick I had a 103.5 temp..And had to be home with the kids. It was awful. I wish I could have put them in Daycare or something. 

jenniepepsi
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Quoting lundaylove:

when im sick, its movie day. i pop in their favorite movies, yay for dora and the backyardigans and yo gabba gabba, and we just cuddle on the couch all day long. curtains stay shut, we'll eat lunchables or something as easy, and just veg out. I try not to move as much as i can, but i do what i gotta do as we dont have the money to send 3 kids to daycare, not on a lowly enlisted pay (military)

tdoubleday04
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM

We dn't have family around either, and I usually don't send my girls to daycare, but I couldn't stop throwing up.  I used to bring my kids to daycare when i was working and I still stay intouch with her and help her out when she has her meetings by staying with the kids (its in her home) so since I have all 9 kids (with her daughter helping) on saturday I got 3 free days for my girls and I just used one!!!!!!!!!  Otherwise, my husband wouldn't stay home, he is worthless when it comes to taking care of the kids, he has never cooked for them or anything and it would have been more frusterating than help.  But I have put them infront of tv before when I just couldn't deal with my sickness, but we have no doors on anything in our house (we rent I don't know why) so My youngest is almost 2 in oct and she has disablilties so she still acts like she is 1 and gets into EVERYTHING!  She will eat not just chew, but eat anything she can fit in her mouth.  so I can't really do that.  and they are only2 I felt like if i just keep them in the room with me when i am sleeping that they may get hurt.  But I am a worry wart lol, anyone else what do you do

Quoting jillbailey26:

trentntats
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Thankfully I haven't been sick like that...however, I have debilitating periods to where my legs give out and I can't walk and I puke and cry all the first day. Since I have been back on the pill, it hasn't happened like that again...but for the first year of my sons life, it happened every month like clock work. If it happened on a weekend when my dh was off he would take our ds and take him to the park or out and let me lay on the bathroom floor....If eh was at work my mom would come get my son adn spend the day with him while I stayed on the bathroom floor...lol. Oh how I miss those days....(sarcasm noted)

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I took my dd to daycare on Wed. when I was sick. She was scheduled to go and I was able to get the rest I needed. If I wasn't able to rest, then I usually am sick for a longer time. I have been home with kids and layed on couch and kinda sleot while they watched TV as well.

cute_mommy19
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM

i go sick a couple weeks ago. dh was at work, and no one could help me. i woke up and fed dd. then gave her toys and let her play in her crib. as mean as that sounds thats all i could do. i almost threw up on her while feeding her i was so sick. i fed her, and changed her throughout the day, but besides that, she got to play in her crib with her toys :) (she is 9 months)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)