Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Searation Anxiety? *Poll*

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

Poll

Question: Have any of you had any experience with separation anxiety?

Options:

Yes, and I stay home with my LO

Yes, but only when he's with a sitter

Nope.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

Have any of you been having any trouble with seperation anxiety? My son is 10 mos. 2 wks. and just in the past couple of days he has been SO clingy! Granted, we just moved from Germany to Missouri so I know he's a little thrown off, but goodness! It's bad. Usually I'll put him down for a nap and he'll cry for a couple of minutes and then give up. Last night for bed, and today for nap he cried for 30 minutes before I gave up and picked him up. And even when he's dead asleep if I go to put him down in his crib (same crib he's ALWAYS slept in) he will scream and fight and cling on to me as if I'm about to drop him! I just dont' know what to do.

Have any of you had a similar experience with this baby, or with any of your other children? I think I'm going to loose my mind. Gah!

p.s. I'm a SAHM... so it's not like he doesn't get to see me....

armyDaddy tattooMommy toddler boyAlexander

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
WifeyC
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM

My son does the same thing and is 10 1/2 months.  I took the week before school started off from work to spend time with my oldest.  The next week I took the baby to daycare and he had a meltdown.  Every morning is horrible! I know its not his teacher or being at the school and she says his meltdowns get shorter everyday.  I don't know what else I can do for him!

mamakenzi
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM

It's a normal phase, Bella was the same way at that age and still is to an extent.  At that age I worked so she went to a sitter and now I stay home and I think it's made it worse in some aspects.

Kenzie

Stay at home mommy, smoking, neat freak, living life to the fullest, creative, young, soon to be Navy wife, mommy to a Princess, type of mother!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Infant/Baby Groups

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)