Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Business or IT degree?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok I'm going to be starting school here in a couple months.. I can't decide if I want a business degree or an IT (information Technology) degree. I'm very interested in the IT but I think a business degree would offer more career opportunities? Just looking for someone who has experience in either field and willing to give me some advice!? Thanks!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
im23vaughn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Let me be the 1st to post. LOL I say an IT degree. I have a bachelor's in business and my SO is in IT ( he has a master's) It has been easier for him to find a job in his life than me. The business field is flooded with business majors in large herds. IT is where it is. Database management or Internet Security are good fields to go into.

I am a liberal, pro choice, anti-gun, separation of church and state believing, college educated, environmentally friendly, SAHM of 2 lovely girls with a 1 mighty good SO by my side.

hm61686
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Yeah that's what I was thinking.. a lot of people I know are going to school for business.I'm planning on going for IT-security... just looking for advice before i schedule my classes. I want to be 100% sure lol... Thanks a lot!

Quoting im23vaughn:

Let me be the 1st to post. LOL I say an IT degree. I have a bachelor's in business and my SO is in IT ( he has a master's) It has been easier for him to find a job in his life than me. The business field is flooded with business majors in large herds. IT is where it is. Database management or Internet Security are good fields to go into.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Moms in School
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

hm61686
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I am in advice for moms? lol

lilianasmom1116
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM

im working on my business degree, not graduated yet, so i dont know about opportunities. what i was told though was every company is a BUSINESS so a business degree is helpful. u could major in one with a minor in the other

87.gif194.gif164.gif gospermiego.gif79.gifpractice.gif         

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)