Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has this ever happened to you? Pregnancy test woes...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM
  • 2 Replies

I started on a new medicine a few weeks ago that has a side effect of nausea. W'ell I have been nauseaus and even vomited a few times. Just to make sure it was the medicine and not pregnancy I went and got a Dollar Store test...once the test dried there was a faint positive. It wasn't an 'evaporation line because the faint line had color in it. Then I went and got 3 EPT tests....2 of the EPT tests had 1/2 of a positive line, there were blue dots where the top of the positive line would have been but it wasn't a full plus sign. The next morning I took another test and it was negative, I've had 2 negatives since then. However, now my stomach is cramping like it has in the past during implantation. I don't know when I'm suppose to have a period as I have not had one in 3 years. I have a 22 month old and when he was 6 weeks old, I got pregnant again and now have a 12 month old as well and he is breastfed so I have not gotten my period back yet.

Has this ever happened to you? Gotten a positive and then a negative but yet you were actually pregnant?

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ariannasmom114
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM

hell yea with my first dd i got a faint postive so i took 4 other tests that came out negative then when i didnt get my period i took another test and sure enough i was prego and the one with the faint line was ept

Biancas_mommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I woul get a blood test to be sure!  I have heard of endimitrosis, tubal pregnancies, causing things like that. Oh it could also be a pseudogestational sac where you are pregnant...but there is no baby just the sac forms and no egg...it's weird.  When I was pregnant with my oldest they couldn't find her till I was 8 weeks but blood test said I was further along.  When they finally found her it was going to be my last ultra sound and then they were going to do a D&C to get the sac out....luckily....they found her.  God I would of  FLIPPED OUT if they made me have a d&c and it turned out there was a baby in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)