Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a hug Im so upset......

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well I just got back from the College and found out that my Pell grant wont pay for this semesters tuition but it will pay for the Summer 2010. I am so upset, I really wanted to go. I can do a payment plan but have no idea if that will also be towards books. I really wanted to go to college but looks like Ive got to get a job which I dont mind. I feel like Im letting my son down by not being able to go to college right now. I was going back so that I would get a better career and be able to support him like he needs to be. Being a single mother is so hard, I wish this was a dream and things would be so much better. Im balling my eyes out bc I want to give up but the only reason I wake up in the morning is that smiling face of my sons. Okay Sorry I cant write much Im crying and I need to stop. Well thanks for reading....

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
babybluemama22
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Good luck mama! I am in the process, of really wanting to go back to school, and filling out all the paper work to go to school, just really scared I won't be able to get any help in the money departnment of it all.

kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Ok, this makes no sense to me. Last year I enrolled in the 2nd week of school with no problem (right now is just finishing up the first week here). The financial aid office had me approved with my pell grant $$ in my hands in 2 days. DH & I also wanted to take summer classes, but the pell grant does not pay for summer courses, so we chose for DH to take summer classes this year & paid out of pocket.

kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM

No, a payment plan won't include your books, but 99% of books you can buy onlinefor WAY cheaper than the bookstore. If you kow what you are going to take, you can buy the used books during early registration or summer. 

Why did they turn you down?

Magen85
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I went to the FAFSA.ed.gov website where I was told to apply for a grant well it was approved by them and the websited showed how much they would pay for my schooling. Why the college turned me down Im not sure or why they said it would be next summber before I can go? It's retarded to me. And whats strange is that the counselor that my mom talked to told me to go to the Fafsa website to apply. IDK

Quoting kgsharber:

No, a payment plan won't include your books, but 99% of books you can buy onlinefor WAY cheaper than the bookstore. If you kow what you are going to take, you can buy the used books during early registration or summer. 

Why did they turn you down?

mamad122
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Can you talk to the counselor that your mom did? Maybe that person can help you for this semester?? Don't give up and don't feel like a failure! Your son loves you and will never know what he went without or missed out on. He will just know that no matter what, you loved him and worked hard for him! Keep your chin up and keep on pushing on! It will all come together :-)

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

joyfuljazz
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM

your son dosnt care right now if your a college educated mom he just wants you to be a mom to him...you have all the time in the world to go to school and finish your education...but your child needs hugs and kisses now and you dont need a degree to do that just a good heart...by all means get an education thru your community college or go to beauty school pell grants will pay for that dont stress they are not saying they cant help you theyre just saying its going to take a lil time...good luck and dont sweat the small stuff...its all small stuff

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)