Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when. . .?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

You want to take your kids out on the town for some rainy day fun but you don't have a ton of money to spend? I was thinking about going to the bookstore, but we already go there quite a bit. So, I was just wondering what you guys do to have fun without spending money and without staying home all day??

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hailnbray
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:29 PM

kidsbowlfree.com they have millions of bowling alleys all over the place where kids can bowl for free u just sign them up 

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

Lakemom22
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:30 PM

How about the library? If you can find a really cool library that has a great kid section, ya know with bean bag chairs, etc...

OR- The malls have pretty great play areas.. you could take them there.....

OR- Just stay home and play games, do arts and crafts, etc... you may even be able to get a nap in, if you run around with them! lol

Good luck, and if you find something better than what I suggested, SHARE! lol

I have 4 kids, twins-6 another boy who is 4. and a daughter who will be 2. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!

Good luck!

JoeMax
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming! I can always use a fresh game or stuff to do! Ds is 20 months, and staying home all day doesn't entertain him like it used to lol.

no-drama-momma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I've actually called my City Hall before and asked them for fun free things for kiddos to do around town cuz they usually know a lot about what's going on...where do u live?  I am not a crazy person don't worry LOL just thought it might help me to find some good stuff for u in your area.

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
JOIN MY GROUP:  Anything and Everything...EXCEPT disrespect
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything

JoeMax
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Quoting no-drama-momma:

I've actually called my City Hall before and asked them for fun free things for kiddos to do around town cuz they usually know a lot about what's going on...where do u live?  I am not a crazy person don't worry LOL just thought it might help me to find some good stuff for u in your area.

We live in Vienna, VA. So, I'm sure there's stuff to do in D.C. but I didn't really want to go that far today, I kind of wanted to stay close to home, since It's just me and ds this afternoon.

Lakemom22
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Quoting JoeMax:

Quoting no-drama-momma:

We live in Vienna, VA. So, I'm sure there's stuff to do in D.C. but I didn't really want to go that far today, I kind of wanted to stay close to home, since It's just me and ds this afternoon.

Then, if you cant get outta the house, or something that IS free, is too far away, then a fun game to play, that I play with my 20 month old DD is: Hide the animal.. She loves it.

Switch it around.... but at this age, make sure they kinda see you hide it.... lol.... It fun to see them find it.. the look of, oh yeah, I DID FIND IT DIDNT I:??? Is sooo cute!

no-drama-momma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM

u might try this site...organized by date...some is free, some is like $5... http://gocitykids.parentsconnect.com/calendar/vienna-va-usa/2009/08/28

Quoting JoeMax:

Quoting no-drama-momma:

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
JOIN MY GROUP:  Anything and Everything...EXCEPT disrespect
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)