Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the rush to turn a child FF when you KNOW the benefits of ERF? Also what is the rush with using a booster? W/POLL!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:39 PM
  • 318 Replies

Poll

Question: Question: Why did you/will you turn your child FF? Why did you move your child to a booster before 4yrs & 40lbs?

Options:

I didn't/don't know about ERF

To see my childs face

Because their legs were scrunched

My child didn't like RF so I turned them FF

I turned my child before the 1yr & 20lbs law

Moved to booster because they outgrew their convertable seat

Moved to booster because it was more convenient

Moved to booster because I didn't know any better

We ERF/EH

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 192

View Results

First of all this is not to start a debate. I will delete it if people start fighting. Also if you are tired of reading carseat posts, then don't bother reading and commenting. You comment will be deleted. This is being posted to educate those who don't know better. Not so we can deal with your negative attitude!

I would like to know what the rush is to turn a child FF and boostering? I was watching a bunch of youtube videos where parents were like my kid in their big boy/girl carseat! Those babies, some don't even look 1yr & 20lbs. I could be completely wrong, but they look too little/young to be FF. So what is the rush to turn a child FF when its been proven to be 5x safer to keep them RF to the limits of their carseat. Also just so people know, there are no documented cases of legs breaking in a car accident due to RF. A child with long legs, or a child whos feet touches the seat, does not have to be turned FF. For more info, just ask. I will be more than happy to share it with you.

I also saw another video of a 1yr old in a BOOSTER on his/her way to their 1 yr APPOINTMENT!!! I will post these videos for others to see.  

I will make this a poll. If you want to comment, please do. If you do not know what ERF is or if you don't know the benefits, please ask!!

These say they are all in the USA. Just so know know.

1yr old in a booster...also without the shoulder belt on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KlV7mtgnU&feature=related

Big Girl Carseat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BepVqYJ8mVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIRLmqY7T50&feature=related

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:41 PM
I didn't know the benefits, but now that I do my children are ERF.

mommyofblueyes
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:42 PM

No rush here!  BTW..your boys are so darn CUTE!  

ssgt.png love my ssgt image by kelleygirl82air force          bug.gif moving bug image by POORBOYZX7R

MommaBunch84
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Thank you!

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

No rush here!  BTW..your boys are so darn CUTE!  

hailnbray
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM

the same reason we still eat mcdonalds and have tons of over weight americans. we know whats right n wrong but we just dont listen. my children will never be shoved backwords so they are cramed into the car. the law says 1 so 1 it is

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

Aamy
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM

We ERF, and DD will never ever be in a booster. I wish we had ERF longer, but we where moving and had a 9 hr drive and i was the only one in the car. If we ever have another i will ERF longer then i did with DD. She was 21m old when we turned her FF.

MJWard
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I didnt turn my son around until after he was 1 and over 20lbs. He is now 3 and I also wont move him to a booster until he is 4 and atleast 40lbs. Those are state laws and I agree that safty comes first :O)

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

kaylajean86
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:45 PM

popcorn

mamaof32007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:46 PM

We turned my oldest around at 11 months, he was 2o pounds at the time and needed a new car seat for him, so we just switched him.  He is 3 (june 29th) and is still in a conv car seat ff.  Our twins we moved at 11 months also.  they were 21 and 22 pounds.  they will be two at the end of next month.  they are still in there convertible car seats.  I was in a rush because the two infant car seats and one convertible carseat did not fit well in my car.  (Ford Escape)  the three convertible carseats fit better.  i will not erf my children due to the fact the I wouldnt want to sit that way!  Some of the pics I have seen of the poor kids legs, I feel so bad for them!  I know I wouldnt be comfortable.  JMHO. 

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I don't know what the rush is either... Parents who do it before their child has reached the upper limits of a convertible seat are either uneducated or just plain apathetic when it comes to their childs safety.

My kids are: 32 months, 29lbs and 38 inches... and 17 months, 18lbs and 30 inches. They will ERF until at least 3 years, and then harness until at least 65lbs.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

ajswenson
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I didn't even hear about ERF until after both of my kids were turned around. Yea yea yea I COULD turn them around, but I'm not.  Because I CHOOSE not to.   My first was ERF only b/c we didn't feel like changing it in the middle of winter! LOL  My DD we turned around after a year and a couple months b/c she was trying to crawl out of the seat to turn around and be like her big brother.  That's great that you are so excited about ERF but I have to say ERF advocates are the pushiest group on cafemom I've seen yet.  Pushier than the non-vacers, non-circ, homeschoolers, etc.....I appreciate passion, but remember "to each his/her own."  Oh and I am in NO rush to put my BIG son into a booster.  That is why we got him the Brittax Marathon so he could be 5 pt harnessed as long as possible.  But he IS 42 inches tall and only 3 1/2 so my time is limited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)