Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

too old for his baby blanket ?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  • 16 Replies

My SS is 11 and I was wondering if 11 is an age where he is too old to be carrying around his baby blanket all the time ? I think so but SO doesnt think so ? what do you ladies think

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Yes, that is way too old imo. My 2 yr old is only allowed his blanket in his bed, so 11 is........well, just too old.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Does he still take it everywhere?  IMO that is too old to be taking it everywhere but fine if he just uses it to sleep with or something.

RoguesMommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM

He'll get rid of it when he's ready. I wouldn't worry about it. When he gets older or more aware of the people around him he will drop it.

PhotobucketLilypie
NiNio9
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM

He tries to bring it every where. When hes watching tv and eating and he has even tried to bring it when we go grocery shopping. That day he also cried because he was upset that he couldnt bring it with him

jenniepepsi
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM

please consider all reasons before you just take it away.

is his mother in the picture? what has been going on between his mother, him, and his father, and you? if this is all recent stuff (the last 2 years) of course he is going to attach to something. its a comfort thing. if he is feelign stressed out then he is going to look for a 'pacifier' of some kind. (not the kind you stick in your mouth, i mean the litteral term for the word pacifier)

look into all that he is going thru. has he started a new school this year? did you guys move? does he have a new baby brother or sister? anything like that.

rileysmommy811
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM

it's just a blanket.  it's not that big of a deal.

My 23 year old SO still has his baby blanket

lilbit85
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM

i had my baby blanket till i was 20 yes you read it right 20 and i am fine and trust me it is never to far away either lol i will never get rid of it any time soon

LovesPinkk
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Does he still take it everywhere?  IMO that is too old to be taking it everywhere but fine if he just uses it to sleep with or something.

i agree with this. i have cousins & my (almost) SIL, who are in the 30's that still sleep with their baby blanket.

wentworth99
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM

My 10yr old still has a blanket but he does not take it with him everywhere. He mostly has it when watching TV or when he is sleeping. I do not care if he has it . It is just a blanket . Who is it hurting ?

Katie . I am a disposable diaper,Formula feeding, CIO,Vaccinating,baby snuggling,shopping mama to 5 kids .Noah(9),Hailey (6),Riley (5),Caleb (3) and Grace (1) .family in the van

Loved4Sure
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM

this was what I was about to say.

understand where the blanket came from and it's significance to him before you remove it completely.

You can absolutely say it is for bedtime only, but don't take it away completely.

Quoting jenniepepsi:

please consider all reasons before you just take it away.

is his mother in the picture? what has been going on between his mother, him, and his father, and you? if this is all recent stuff (the last 2 years) of course he is going to attach to something. its a comfort thing. if he is feelign stressed out then he is going to look for a 'pacifier' of some kind. (not the kind you stick in your mouth, i mean the litteral term for the word pacifier)

look into all that he is going thru. has he started a new school this year? did you guys move? does he have a new baby brother or sister? anything like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)