Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When would you test?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

Long story short, my cycles are effed. in the a. I get my period every two weeks, with a break of one week between them. Threw caution to the wind and we decided that another little wouldnt be so bad to have around, so we are officially TTC. I am NOT asking if I am pregnant... lmao,  however I am asking (a step below on the most pathetic questions scale!) when I should test. I dont want to test too early, only to get a BFN, as I NEED to see a doctor as soon as I find out (complications with DS), but if I wait too long, well... I want a tattoo and I dont want to get it while pregnant, plus I am due for some lifestyle changes (ie. quit smoking, EAT, you know...). I have NO clue as to when my last period was, but i didnt have it last week, so... idk. haha. any ideas?

woolies006-2.jpg picture by oliversmom717

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamad122
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM

This is a shot in the dark but I would say give it another two weeks. I can't believe how miserable you must be with periods that often!! Please, please, please quit smoking when you get pg :-) Eating would be a plus too!

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

mimanchibella
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Sadly, I started smoking again when DS was born, it was a killer to be told that I HAVE to leave the hospital... I just needed something to keep me sane, or close to! (DS was preemie)

Quoting mamad122:

This is a shot in the dark but I would say give it another two weeks. I can't believe how miserable you must be with periods that often!! Please, please, please quit smoking when you get pg :-) Eating would be a plus too!

mamad122
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I'm sure that was tough!!

Quoting mimanchibella:

Sadly, I started smoking again when DS was born, it was a killer to be told that I HAVE to leave the hospital... I just needed something to keep me sane, or close to! (DS was preemie)

Quoting mamad122:

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

Maedaze810
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:46 PM

If you are having periods that often are you sure you are even ovulating? That would be such a short luteal phase. If you are actively TTC, I would go to the OBGYN and figure out WHY the periodsd are so often.

The luteal phase really wouldnt be long enough for the egg to fertilize, implant, and sustain.That's why a normal cycle is 28 days.

Just my 2 cents.

mimanchibella
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Thats what I am afraid of as well, however they found precancerous cells, and wanted to do the loop/leep and I just cant do it until I have another, as the preemie problems stem from an already incompetentcervix. Maybe im just psyching myself up for it, and delaying them "mentally".

Quoting Maedaze810:

If you are having periods that often are you sure you are even ovulating? That would be such a short luteal phase. If you are actively TTC, I would go to the OBGYN and figure out WHY the periodsd are so often.

The luteal phase really wouldnt be long enough for the egg to fertilize, implant, and sustain.That's why a normal cycle is 28 days.

Just my 2 cents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)