Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sahm daycare not trying to start drama but

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
I need to vent. I hate when working moms say I wish I could stay home. Hello we have two and a half house payments and dh does not make six digits but we find a way. Also, was at a plydate w three other sahm and a working mom today. The working moms child had great speech so we were talking about y and she thinks its daycare. My dd I'd four months younger so I hope that is why her talking and speech is not as advanced. I sometimes worry I am doing a disservice to her keeping her home becuz of academics and becuz she is very social. Thanks for letting me vent after this long week!
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Have you thought about doing daycare for one or two children her age? She would get social interaction with children in her age group, and you would make a little cash...

stephy_85
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Even though I stay at home I took my oldest ds to daycare twice a week, it gave me a chance to clean, go to appt's, run errands and etc. Plus he got to be around kids his own age. He started Pre-K this year so no daycare but when the baby is about 2 he will probably start going to daycare some too.

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I also take my 2 Dd to daycare twice a week.  Its nice to get a break.  I do deep cleaning on those days and just relax.

Quoting stephy_85:

Even though I stay at home I took my oldest ds to daycare twice a week, it gave me a chance to clean, go to appt's, run errands and etc. Plus he got to be around kids his own age. He started Pre-K this year so no daycare but when the baby is about 2 he will probably start going to daycare some too.

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Def. Dd is 15 months old. So I was thinking of doing that starting next school year. I was an elementary and special ed taecher for eight yrs before her.
Quoting lanceandhailey:

Have you thought about doing daycare for one or two children her age? She would get social interaction with children in her age group, and you would make a little cash...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)