Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just wondering something

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

ok with all the post about to vax or not to the one thing i keep seeing is about the chicken pox shot. so what i am wondering is did they change it? when all 3 of my kids got it i was told then that it does not prevent the chicken pox. it just makes the symptons less severe and doesnt last as long. but now im reading that it totally prevents it. am i wrong or was it changed in order to prevent it?  this isnt a post about to vax or not to. or anything like that.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KGeist86
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM

When my daughter got it 3 years ago, they said it HELPS prevent it. It was only 75% accurate. BUT, she ended up getting the chicken pox FROM the shot, and got it pretty bad. I will NOT give it my other 2!!

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Hmm not sure here's a  bump.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM

The doc told me it was preventative. You know how you would expose kids when we were young so they could get it young and not as severe as adults. Well, doc told me it is less common to see outbreaks and they do the shot when they are kids now. Just like if you are exposed as a kid, you may be able to get as an adult. Usually less sever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)