Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did it! I did it!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am 8 weeks pregnant and feel terrible.  Cleaning the kitchen makes me want to vomit.  So hubby told me not to worry, he would do it!  Yeah, right.  It was so bad I could barely step foot in there.  So this morning I managed to clean the entire thing spotless!  I am so amazed I did it without being sick.  Now I am taking a much needed break and eating saltines and peanut butter.  Strange, I know but I´ve been craving them and we haven´t had any until now!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cmtjenn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Congrats! Saltines and peanut butter sounds like a good snack to me.

CafeMom Tickers
truely914
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Nesting wins out vomit.  YEA.    Congrats.

Sabrina521
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:25 PM

That's too bad that hubby didn't help u out with the dishes.  The only good news is that the sickness part usually doesn't last forever.  You should get over that pretty soon and be back to doing dishes puke free.  Keep those crackers around till then.  Or plain toast will do the trick in a pinch.

Mom_in_030607
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Good for you girl! Saltines and PB sounds great. I actually just had a pack of PB crackers myself. Hey, if you feel the urge to clean, do so-as long as you don't do lots of bending and reaching. Or, if you just feel like doing nothing, listen to your hubby, and leave it for him. Either way, just take care of yourself-mentally and physically...

Ciao!

jenniepepsi
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:36 PM

YAY MAMA!!! good for you!

and the peanut butter and crackers isnt wierd. i love it too :D

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM

LOL it isn´t wierd for most people but I HATE saltines!  I haven´t eaten them since I moved out of my parents house 6 years ago and even then I hardly ever ate them (only would I could drown them in soup or something)!

Quoting jenniepepsi:

YAY MAMA!!! good for you!

and the peanut butter and crackers isnt wierd. i love it too :D

babie113
by Jenny on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:41 PM

wow i had that same craving weird

CafeMom Tickers
harleychk32
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM

If you're sick, old island remedy that i swear works!!  Either cut a lime in half, or use bottled lime juice.  Squeeze just enough juice to fill the bottom of a cup, put a dash of salt in there, drink it like it's a shot and the nausea goes away!!!  I swear, then keep water with lime juice in it handy to sip on allday.  It works like a charm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)