Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some ideas please!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM
  • 3 Replies

My husband and I are expecting our first child in December. We are a young couple trying to find our feet in this crazy world- I'm finishing my bachelor's degree in exercise science, he has his bachelor's in ag business and neither of us has a real job. I'm finishing school and he is a cowboy. He has applied for a job but we are still waiting to hear. I came into this marriage wanting to work and contribute to the family income as best I could, but also wanting to stay home with our children WHEN we decided to have them... obviously our little bun was a surprise. I would love to stay with her, and hubby doesn't want me to have a job where I have to leave her with someone else... but I still want to have some form of income. I have looked into some work from home offers but I'm so afraid they are scams I never follow through with any of them. The only thing I can think of is childcare from home, which I wouldn't mind, but I would like to consider my options. I briefly thought of selling Avon or Mary Kay, but we already have 3 ladies in the family who sell them and most of our family resides within a 5 mile radius. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks ladies!!

praying

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamad122
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:39 PM

How about selling Pampered Chef or Tupperware? I have never been interested myself but I've known woman that had great success!

As far as the other Work at Home programs- I'm very suspicious too! Something that may be up your alley is being a Fitness Coach through Beachbody- you have the education! This is my Coach's site- she may be able to give you more info if you're interested!

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

The Work At Home Mom's Classifieds
I Want To Work At Home!!!!

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

CristiLynnB
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Quoting mamad122:

How about selling Pampered Chef or Tupperware? I have never been interested myself but I've known woman that had great success!

As far as the other Work at Home programs- I'm very suspicious too! Something that may be up your alley is being a Fitness Coach through Beachbody- you have the education! This is my Coach's site- she may be able to give you more info if you're interested!

I'm not very good at selling things but thank you for the suggestion. I haven't had a lot of time to look at that website but it looks like a really good deal and I will definitely look into it more! Thank you!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)