Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccines

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone else heard that vaccines can cause autism. I am fine and I had chicken pox. Why did I only need 7 vaccines and my child will need 36? When is it going overboard with medicating the world. No I am not one of those people that wont go to the doctor when I am sick, but when is enough enough?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kristinaleann
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Yes, I have heard that some vaccines are linked to Autism. I have also heard that there is no where any proven proof that he does.. So I dont know what to believe about it. My step son has Autism. I sure do hope one day, they will know for sure what causes autism.

mhoeller
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I work with people with disabilities every day so it is a very big reality to me and I worry about it probably more than the average person. If there is a possibility that they cause autism why don't they take them off the market until more research has been done. Why do schools require me to put my child through that risk?

maryanna1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I do not believe it CAUSES autism.  I believe they can trigger it.  I also believe they can trigger many things...short term adverse effects, long term, immediate and can trigger something down the road such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer.

I believe that if someone says their child completely changed after receiving vaccines that it's true.  They know their child better then anyone, even the doctor.  I would know if my child went from talking, hugging, playing to not talking, not being effectionate and stuff like that. 

kristinaleann
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:35 PM

you know that is a good question. The only thing that i can think of is that it is not proven.  There argument would be that if people say vaccines cause autism then why doesnt  every vaccinated child not have autism.

I agree with the pp i dont not believe that vaccines cause autism. I think that it could possible  they play a role on bringing it on along with other factors. 

I agree with you talking about adding so many vaccines. This is my theory..... The world is becoming more aware of the diseases and such out there they have to give new vaccines to keep the diseases under control.. My theory is more than likely wrong but that is what iam assuming!

Quoting mhoeller:

I work with people with disabilities every day so it is a very big reality to me and I worry about it probably more than the average person. If there is a possibility that they cause autism why don't they take them off the market until more research has been done. Why do schools require me to put my child through that risk?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)