Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me all you know about ......

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

German Shepards....

I took DH to the shelter today for his early anniversary gift. he wanted a dog. he was looking for a hunting buddy but Scout just called out to him. Scout is a 5 month old german sheperd male. hes hyper and clumsy like most babies are. he's already had his first bath and getting him dry is not easy its taking forever. so i was wondering if anyone has a shepard and what they are like and so forth.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:03 PM

German Shepherds can be wonderful additions to the family.  They can be very wimpy dogs believe it or not. They need to be socialized as much as possible. they are very intelligent dogs and sometimes need a job.  Here is some info about shepherds

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/germanshepherd.htm

Wifey2Watson
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM

They are kind dogs, but as they age their hips deteriorate. I have never seen a German Shepard that hasn't had to be put to sleep before they were ready due to their hips failing. It starts with a limp and soon they cannot even walk any longer. It's sad :( 

OwensMommy159
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I think they're great dogs.. just shed too much for me lol.. we have a great dane n she sheds too much for me! our second dog is a carine terrier westie hybrid.. no shedding..   :) but I do love german sheperds just too much doggie hair for me until we get some land where it could run outside too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)