Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something i found for ERF mommies

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

i saw this carseat in target today because we will need to get a second one so there is one in my car and my husbands car, well i really want to get this because it rear faces up to 40lb!!! and FF to 65lb!! i am all for keeping my little girl rear facing for as long as she can still meet the requirements. Anyways i thought i would just share the name and a pic of it so if anyone else was/ is looking for carseat they can ERF for a long time this should be good.

Graco MyRide 65 convertible carseat

there are diffrerent colors and stuff just go to the graco website but you can find them a walmart and target for about $150

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I just got that exact seat!They had them at walmart for 150. I needed a new seat for the new baby due in oct. and didn't want to waste money on a bucket seat only to have to buy a seat like this in less than a year.  It was very simple to install and although it looks huge it fits really well in a car or a van. It also reclines alot for new babies, alot of convertables don't seem to have enough recline. Its light for a convertable too.  After I got it and installed it I found out that Babies r us is having a carseat sale.  They have coupons for 10 or 15 % off on carseats and if you bring in any old car seat to turn in they will knock off another 20% on your new carseat purchase.  I would take mine back and do that but the nearest babies r us in our area is 40 minutes away and we would probably get sucked into eating out or something while up there and nullify the savings! 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

lundaylove
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:32 PM

also the newer model (anything made after 09-08) Sunshine Kids Radians, any model 65,80 or XT, will rear face to 40lbs and FF to 65lbs for the 65, and 80lbs for the 80 and XT.

And Safety 1st just came out with a new seat on the 1st of August, its the Air Protect, it RFs to 40lbs and then FFs to 50lbs.

I prefer the SKRs cuz they have higher harnesses which are better for taller kids but they are all pretty decent seats, IMO.

ToriBabe1221
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:34 PM

i just seen this today and told my hubby, if/when we get preggo again THATS the seat i want.

good to know it comes in other colors :)

hurleydoll18
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Yeah we bought that seat a couple of months ago when my son hit the max rear facing limit on his Marathon and he wasn't yet 2 yrs old.  It offers the extra weight limit needed for heavier babies and toddlers and it will get most children rear facing to 3 yrs old.  It will get most children harnessed to about 5.5 yrs old!  It's a great seat for the price.  It's super easy to install and use but the dang cover on the sides keeps coming off.  It isn't a huge deal but it is a PITA and the straps get twisty pretty easily.  I wasn't used to that with my Marathon.  I LOVE the girly prints they have for this seat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)