Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those who ERF have a question please Edited with new working link

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

I found this website   http://www.carseat.se/store.html   and I was wondering if these   would be safe here?   If would pay to have it ship if it were possible and were wondering if any of you tech ladies knew.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilay
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:56 PM

When I clicked on the link I got an error message. 

Lilypie

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
boosmom440
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Quoting lilay:

When I clicked on the link I got an error message. 

We made it to 27 months rear-facing and we are proud of it. We have a new goal now and that is to harness our little girl till 80 pounds, even if she is 14 years old she will be in a carseat/booster as long as she can fit.If you have a problem with it then deal with it she is my daughter and i will do any thing to keep her safe

Mommy2Kaelen
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Just go to www.carseat.se and look for the shop section they have swedish made carseat that RF till 55 pounds.

Mommy2Kaelen
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Bump

peanutsmommy1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM

those seats are not approved for use in the US. I don't believe they will even ship them here, as they adhere to European standards

MommySteph06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I don't know. Go to the car seat safety group here and ask them. They're very smart! :)

Pregnancy Ticker

in lovetoddler girltoddler boyexpecting boy

Steve&Steph                Kayla             Brennan                Baby Boy
   11/2004                  10/28/06            3/16/08              Due 10/27/09

Mommy2Kaelen
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

those seats are not approved for use in the US. I don't believe they will even ship them here, as they adhere to European standards

They do ship to the us for a flat rate of 75 extra dollars.    It says on they're homepage they shipped one to a little boy that broke his neck in a crash so he didn't have to leave the hospital FF.     I just can't directly find where it says if they are approved or not.

hurleydoll18
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM

This site was started by adventuredad.  He is a certified tech in Sweden who has decided to sell Euro seats to deliver here to the US and other countries that don't have them available.  It is LEGAL to ship them here but is ILLEGAL to use for permanent use.  BUT not many police officers are up to date on car seats so it is pretty unlikely that an officer would recognize that you are using an "illegal" seat.  I also don't know what would happen if you were to wreck while using one.  These seats (well many of them at least) will work in US vehicles and are safe to use, they just don't follow US guidelines.  Euro guidelines are much more strict than ours so they are "safer"

Mommy2Kaelen
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Quoting hurleydoll18:

This site was started by adventuredad.  He is a certified tech in Sweden who has decided to sell Euro seats to deliver here to the US and other countries that don't have them available.  It is LEGAL to ship them here but is ILLEGAL to use for permanent use.  BUT not many police officers are up to date on car seats so it is pretty unlikely that an officer would recognize that you are using an "illegal" seat.  I also don't know what would happen if you were to wreck while using one.  These seats (well many of them at least) will work in US vehicles and are safe to use, they just don't follow US guidelines.  Euro guidelines are much more strict than ours so they are "safer"

So it is seriously illegal to use a carseat that is safer?   That is so stupid!    Thank you for letting me know though I might just buy one any way and I'll fight my ass as far as I have to go if they try and ticket me for it.

hurleydoll18
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM

lol, I know it's so stupid.  It isn't legal just because it hasn't been approved for use in the US.  Many here do use them and I have yet to hear a negative story about it.  Like I said, not many officers are up to date on this stuff and, if there is one, I would like to think that they'd be excited to see such a dedicated mother trying to find the best seat that ERFs for such a long time.  I know I would overlook it if I were an officer.  Adventuredad, the owner of the site, can clear up any questions you may have about the process and risks

Quoting Mommy2Kaelen:

Quoting hurleydoll18:

So it is seriously illegal to use a carseat that is safer?   That is so stupid!    Thank you for letting me know though I might just buy one any way and I'll fight my ass as far as I have to go if they try and ticket me for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)