Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby turns 11 yrs old this Sept. Need Help, Please?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok here is my deliema we don't have alot of money so we decided to hold it at the local park. She also decided on a Mexician theme. We have so far tacos, corn chips w/ salsa and/or nacho cheese. She also wants punch bowl cake but I'm looking for something less mess and maybe cupcake form. Also we r going to make a pinata. I need ideas for games and a few food items. Also I do understand that the kids will probly just sit around most the time but I want a few games. Also simple but parting gift ideas or is the pinata enough.

THANK YOU!(sorry in advance for spelling, my spell check is not working)

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
insomnia
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Are you Mexican or not?

tob278
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:19 PM

No I was born in Germany and my husband is 1st generation Italian.

tob278
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Bump. Thanks if you can help

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM

What is a punch bowl cake?  A good mexican cake would be Dulce de Leche and it might be less messy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/holidays-and-parties/birthday-parties-for-kids/index.html     Here is a link to some recipes or see if you can find something there that would work for an outdoor party.

rosebud727
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Here is my two cents...

At 11 you don't have to do the parting gift. That is so overrated.

A few fun, easy games are always good to do, like the hot potato/tear the layers off the package with music using oven mitts is a good one. It's fun to do and hilarious to watch.

Another one that we did was get silly string (like at the dollar store) and have them try to draw a picture with it.

Your pinata filled with stuff can be the parting gift stuff.

tob278
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM

1 pkg. Yel­low Cake Mix (I favor Betty Crocker or Dun­can Hines)
2 (3oz.) Boxes Vanilla Instant Pud­ding
2 Cans Blue­berry Pie Fill­ing (or Cherry, if you’d pre­fer)
1 Large can Crushed Pineap­ple
1 (16 oz.) Whipped Top­ping
Chopped Pecans

Make the cake as directed on the pack­age. Pre­pare pud­ding as directed on the package.

Crum­ble 1/3 of the baked and cooled cake into punch bowl. then Add a layer of pud­ding. pie fill­ing, pineap­ple, whipped top­ping, and pecans. Repeat lay­ers until ingre­di­ents are gone end­ing with cool whip and pecans. Refrig­er­ate until ready to serve.

A deli­cious and chocolate-y alter­na­tive would be to use Betty Crocker Milk Choco­late cake with instant choco­late pud­ding. When you go the choco­late route (my favorite route on the culi­nary map), you’ll want to use Cherry Pie Filling.

tob278
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:14 PM
Bump thanks
mommyof3boys567
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:17 PM

You HAVE to get Loteria! It is mexican bingo and a blast!! You can get meican drinks at  walmart called Jaritos they are delicious

mommyof3boys567
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM

pinata is probly ok...no parting gifts.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Instead of candy perhaps put the party favors in the pinata instead. I dont know if you are throwing a co-ed party or not.  Dollar tree store has all sorts of ideas for party favors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)