Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

I honestly don't know what to do with her anymore.  Last year when she was 4 we were at the park and she fell and broke her right wrist.  Well that was ok, her first one.  Then on June 30th we ended up in the hospital again because well, you guessed it, she broke left wrist, fell off some toy bins in her room.  She got her cast off on Aug. 10th of this month and was so excited.  Well needless to say this morning (while i'm on the potty) I hear the loudest most ear shattering scream ever and I wipe and run and find her crying at the bottom of the stairs.  She is screaming its broken mommy its broken, so I take her to the ER and sure enough her left wrist is broken yet again.  This is number 3.  She is so clumsy she could trip over air.  I just feel so bad and heartbroken for this child.   But yet I just want to strap her down to a chair and never let her move.  They have tested her bones and they are fine, she gets daily vitamins and drinks at least 3-4 glasses of milk a day...I don't know why I posted I just needed to get most of that off my chest, I feel so bad for her .

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommaRain2
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:49 PM

AWW poor baby :( My son broke his wrist last year by standing on a bike to get a drink of water! When asked if he would do it again he told us "well I got a drink didn't I?" Kids can be so clumsy I know mine are LOL  After my son got his cast off the doctor told us to TRY to keep him from doing to much activity for at least a month cause he can rebreak it again.  Good luck to you and your daughter hope she dont break it again after this one.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I know what you mean.  I had a boy break his arm while in my care and he had JUST got his cast off of his other arm!  He was standing at the end of the slide (we were playing a game and nobody was sliding down it) and he went to step off.  Well, he slipped and broke his arm on the edge of the slide!  He told me it felt broken so I took him to his mom immediatley (she was just down the hall).  She didnĀ“t believe him but ended up taking him in the next day and sure enough, it was broken!

To make matters worse she was already being investigated by CPS for the first break.  They said it was a classic abuse break.  He was doing cartwheels and broke it.  There is NO WAY this mother or her husband would ever harm her children.  They are some of the most loving parents I have ever met!

KGeist86
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Im sorry to hear about your daughter, but next time leave out the wiping part...we dont need to know that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)