Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do about my 2 year old coughing?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so my 2 year old daughter has had a cold the past couple weeks. Runny nose started around the 15th/16th and her cold got real bad the end of last week until about Wednesday of this week.

Now, she's had a runny nose but not as bad.... no more fever... but the poor girl is coughing like crazy. She just woke up from her nap coughing and I gave her some water... but what the heck can I do to help her stop coughing? she's miserable :(

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RaynMartinsMom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Well, if you already know from your Dr. its nothing more serious, try getting a Vaporizer and the Vicks cough solution for it, there is this chest rub called neumotizine(very stinky) but effective, that will work on a chesty cough. rub it on her chest and put a warm tshirt or sweatshirt for it to be properly absorbed. Avoid milk, that produces pleghm and give her plenty of other fluids to get rid of the stuff making her cough. Other than that just waiting is the answer. I know its tough I have been there, but it goes away.

JackieTaylor12
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM

try giving her honey. You can do tea and honey or just a tablespoon of honey. I never heard of that and my mother told me about it and I used it for my kids and the next day they were doing so much better

Laura4807
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:20 PM

thank you ladies!

1stimemomof1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Try putting a humidifier in her room that should help too. I agree with everyone else try the vicks thing....and tea with honey and lemon.

Preemie Pictures, Images and PhotosPreemie Pictures, Images and PhotosPreemie Pictures, Images and Photosboy5.gif

Starleen70
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I know this sounds goofy but put Vick's Vapor Rub on the bottom of her feet and then put socks on her before she goes to bed. I do this with my kids and it works wonders with my kids! Let me know if it helps your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)