Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she bangs her head..should i be worried ..i mean i stop her but...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

my 10 month old is a little head banger...she will get mad when her older sister takes stuff away from her playing or not...and brynn will get mad and bang her head on the floor..she will also sit in her pack and play and think its funny when she bangs her head up against the chair..so i moved it

should i be worried

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alyssamj24
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:12 PM

when i worked at a daycare in an infant room one of the little boys would do the same thing, and he was around the same age as your daughter....i think it is just a temper tantrum thing....he would get mad and would bang his head, or he would put his forehead on the ground and then drag his head on the floor.....sometimes he would also throw himself back and bang the back of his head on the floor. 

whenever he did this we would just pick him up and put him somewhere softer than the floor so he wouldnt hurt his head....either the rug or a little play pool that we used as a ball pit.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM

she is weird lol not in a bad way but she does it when she is tired too lol sometimes..i know she does it when something is taken away from her or she is frustrated...she will ahve a 2 year old tantrum lol and throw herself on her back and wiggle down the carpet ..its funny but not

Quoting alyssamj24:

when i worked at a daycare in an infant room one of the little boys would do the same thing, and he was around the same age as your daughter....i think it is just a temper tantrum thing....he would get mad and would bang his head, or he would put his forehead on the ground and then drag his head on the floor.....sometimes he would also throw himself back and bang the back of his head on the floor. 

whenever he did this we would just pick him up and put him somewhere softer than the floor so he wouldnt hurt his head....either the rug or a little play pool that we used as a ball pit.

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

MommyOnLI
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM

my DS used to bang his head all the time and the reason behind him doing that is he is autistic.

that is a sign of autism, they feel little or no pain, so it stimulates them

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

medical questions

Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)