Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Carseats for Klunkers" (piog) *EDIT*

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

The Babies 'R Us stores here are doing a program called "Carseats for Klunkers"....works the same way as the gov't 'cars for klunkers' program....U bring in your old, battered, expired, etc. carseat in exchange for money towards a new carseat...and if u sign up for their free store card (not a credit card, just a shopping card like the grocery stores have) then u can get an extra 10% off of your new carseat purchase too.  Oh, and they also have different styles of actual vehicle seats in the store so they can show u how to buckle your new carseat into your type of car and stuff like that.

Thought it was a neat idea and could possibly help out a few mamas on here so thought i'd pass the info on! :)

***EDIT*** Here's more info that another mama found on the topic... (thanks mama)
You get 20% towards a new carseat with a trade in.  It also applies to used strollers, travel systems, high chairs, play yards, bassinets, and cribs on a purchase from an item in the same category.  Offer applies Aug 28th - Sept 20th.

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
JOIN MY GROUP:  Anything and Everything...EXCEPT disrespect
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MOM22QTS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM

thats cool.

Laura4807
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM

ok that is way cool.... do you know if this is a for sure thing? or is it just talk?

no-drama-momma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM

It's for sure as far as I know...my sister is pregnant and went up there and then called and told me.

Quoting Laura4807:

ok that is way cool.... do you know if this is a for sure thing? or is it just talk?

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

AKB20037
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Its a for sure thing, I got an ad in the mail for it with coupons for an extra 10% off the already 20% off. I think its a great idea, but its not going on for much longer it ends 9/20

Quoting Laura4807:

Photobucket
Get your Pregnancy Ticker
pregnancy
mlg87ok
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM

They are also doing trade ins on strollers, travel systems, high chairs, play yards, bassinets, and cribs.

no-drama-momma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM

bumping for edit

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)