Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some advice

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM
  • 18 Replies

ok so my my brother inlaw came home another day  and hes been gone  a yr now awayway my dh is excited  so a whole bunch of us are gettin together and havin a welcome  home / brithday party for  him .... well I got a sitter and stuff I can only stay out till 11 which is fine but not my hubby is staying all nite and is staying @ a friends which that makes me mad..... I mean I dont want to fight about it but how do I get him to see this isnt right mean come we have kids to take care of why cant he be happy with a fews hr out  mean that all I get ...any ways just need some advice just tired of him thinking about himelf

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sararsara
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I would take a girls night out next week and stay at your friends house and let him take care of the kiddos.

linnymichlle
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:26 PM

yea I wish after next week he works 2nds and  and I cant spend one nite away from ym kids ..plus hell make something in why I cant go

Quoting sararsara:

I would take a girls night out next week and stay at your friends house and let him take care of the kiddos.

linnymichlle
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:31 PM

anyway one else I could use some advice

mom2boys1983
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Yeah I agree with her.  Take a girls night soon!!  My hubby is stayin the night with all the guys at his work tonight to do some fantasy football thing.  It sucks to be alone with the kids all day but I know how happy he is to have some alone time.  Maybe your SO really appreciates it too.  I think just try to think of all the good stuff he does around the house.  Maybe he deserves a night out??  Call a girlfriend and make some arrangments for YOU time!!!  Everyone needs some me time every now n then!! :) 

sararsara
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Tell him you need time for yourself too. He doesn't work every night..if he refuses maybe you could have grandparents watch them overnight?  You are both parents and both deserve time to yourselves, it shouldn't be a one way street.

Quoting linnymichlle:

yea I wish after next week he works 2nds and  and I cant spend one nite away from ym kids ..plus hell make something in why I cant go

Quoting sararsara:

linnymichlle
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM

thats the thing he was out 2nite and again tomrrow nite also he goin out after work next friday Ian just sooo sick of it and when hes  always doin something else...oh and I forgot he wnet 2 hrs on  wed nite too

Quoting mom2boys1983:

Yeah I agree with her.  Take a girls night soon!!  My hubby is stayin the night with all the guys at his work tonight to do some fantasy football thing.  It sucks to be alone with the kids all day but I know how happy he is to have some alone time.  Maybe your SO really appreciates it too.  I think just try to think of all the good stuff he does around the house.  Maybe he deserves a night out??  Call a girlfriend and make some arrangments for YOU time!!!  Everyone needs some me time every now n then!! :) 

linnymichlle
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM

yea I wish I could get him to see this he feel that I work parttime that I dont need a break  like hes does .. I mean I get to go out tomrrow but only for 2 hrs and I dont want he gettin drunk without me there I dont know who he goin to be around

Quoting sararsara:

Tell him you need time for yourself too. He doesn't work every night..if he refuses maybe you could have grandparents watch them overnight?  You are both parents and both deserve time to yourselves, it shouldn't be a one way street.

Quoting linnymichlle:

Quoting sararsara:

fulltime_mama
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM

what does he say if you try to talk to him about it?

Not to fight, but at a time when he is in a good mood, bring it up and talk about how you are feeling. This depends a great deal on your dh, of course, how this kind of conversation would go...

Elizabeth,  happy helpmeet to Fabio
Fulltime Mama to:
Joshua
Dominique
Israel
Johann
Check out my website for mothers: http://www.mamaknowsbest.net/

linnymichlle
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:44 PM

we dont fight about  it just think Iam over reacting about and just needs to stop but I talk him I need a break too!  I eat breath and sleep around work and kids which I LOVE MY kids but I got strressed and need time  just like him and he tells me sooo GO! but something always comes up

Quoting fulltime_mama:

what does he say if you try to talk to him about it?

Not to fight, but at a time when he is in a good mood, bring it up and talk about how you are feeling. This depends a great deal on your dh, of course, how this kind of conversation would go...

sararsara
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Of course you deserve a break! If you don't feel comfortable with the situation then that is something else entirely.

Quoting linnymichlle:

yea I wish I could get him to see this he feel that I work parttime that I dont need a break  like hes does .. I mean I get to go out tomrrow but only for 2 hrs and I dont want he gettin drunk without me there I dont know who he goin to be around

Quoting sararsara:

Quoting linnymichlle:

Quoting sararsara:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)