Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some of the little things you let your kids get away with...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

...when you just can't take it anymore? Do you let them watch TV anyway? Do you let them have that snack? What is the last thing you just gave in and let them have it, because you have had it?

frustrated

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vannahsmom07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM

PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES FOR DINNER!! OMG THEY HAD ME READY TO CLIMB A TREE AND HIDE! I FINALLY ASKED WHAT THEY WANTED FOR DINNER AND THAT WAS THE RESPONSE I GOT! NOW THEY ARE HAPPY AND PLAYING QUIETLY... MY TIME... CAFEMOM HERE I COME LOL~ 

ariannasmom114
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM

walking around with the pacifer in her mouth during the day she usually only gets it when she sleeps but i was out and she was tired and i was sick of hearing her whine and cry cause she was sooooo tired so i gave in

IloveHayden08
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I gave my son fruit snacks with his breakfast cause he was crying......

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I give into the TV sometimes. Usually it has to be in the bedroom and i usually regret it because all my 2 kids do is wind up fighting over the bed or covers and then one watches in my room and the other in her room.

sararsara
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:53 PM

My 2 year old gets away with just about anything (within reason) she's the one you can hear screaming at the top of her lungs in Wal-Mart.

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:35 PM

i gave my 3 yr old popcorn for breakfast once cause she was driving me nuts whining for it! LOL

I'm a bible beliving church going christian who spanks vax's cosleeps,NONcio,lets my child watch tv and works hard for my money mommy this is me take it or leave it  

Wyndi
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Nothing. I'm the one that leaves the shopping cart in the aisle and leaves. My kids learned really fast that that is not the way to get something they want. right now my 15 yr old wants off grounding. He even prayed asking God to let him off restrictions. He and I laughed because he knows that he's not getting off that easy. He's going to have to do extra chores and watch his attitude if he wants off restrictions early.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign
zqqkeeper
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I am not always the best about time-outs. My sister was in daycare for years, and so was I so I should know better. She makes them sit cross-legged either with their hands in their laps or on their hands, with their heads down. Mine have a designated place by the wall where they are supposed to stand STILL. But yeah, they usually don't stand still. My middle son slides all over the wall (you should see the grubby fingerprints and face prints that I find!), or turns around to watch the TV or look around and gets down on the floor when I'm not paying attention. My oldest tries to talk to me or play with the moulding at the corner of the wall. I KNOW that it's all for attention, but I still end up yelling at them and they end up there forever because they won't stand still or be quiet or whatever. So, I tell them five minutes (been meaning to get a timer forever), but it's usually like, two so I'm not yelling and they're not sabatoging themselves one minute before their time is up. But, I am SOOOOO the mom who leaves the cart in the middle of the store on a good day. For some reason, the more crabby and tired I am, the less likely I am to do that. I think it's the passive agressiveness in me turning ready for battle instead...

mommyloveskyle
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:04 PM

My kid (as all kids) is perfect! So I basically give into anything. I do have limitations and he knows the voice when it happens. But for the most part if he's happy I'm happy and vice versa. My husband is the worst sucker though! When I was preg he was the one no snacks in the house and no co sleeping and yadayadayada. Now if our son wants gummies (fruit snacks) with his breakfast...he has fruit snacks with his breakfast and of course he's been in our bed since 6 months old. I'm so anxious to see how it all pans out when our next little guy gets here in about 4.5 weeks. Gonna be interesting!

lilypad728
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Eh..I pick my fights. If theres a solid reason to say no, I do and I stick to it. But if not they can do whatever they want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)