Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

torn liagment and displacement -jaw

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

the title explains :)

i just recieve the news from my family doctor and its the weekend so i know i couldnt sleep well. i couldnt find much info on line about it. and i would love to hear stories etc like that. what is possible needed. angel mini

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Sounds like when people have to get their mouths wired shut and drink from a straw.

Don't feel bad, in 2007 my father passed away, I gave birth to my youngest dd, and broke my leg all in a short 4 weeks. I called my work to let them know what was happening and that I would not be back from maternity leave when expected and I guess I made the lady crack up laughing. She couldn't father it.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 7:21 AM

The torn liagament they may ask you to do surgery on but I would say no if I where you and try and look into other options of healing it. I tore my acl liagment and had the surgey to fix it and have had nothing but problems since all the nerves from my knee to my ankle are messed up. I got pregenant with my son 3 months after the surgery wich caused me to put all my weight to my good knee and now I am having problems with the other one. However it is your choice so just do some research about the surgery and the dr that will perform it if that is what you choose to do. The displaced jaw they may want to wire  since my son just fractured his I can tell you that they may wire you but the new technolgy you should only have it for 2 to 3 weeks and a diet of smoothies soup and puree once the elastics are removed you can go to soft food. If you do need to get this done and if you need recipes or stuff like that you can message me I have had to come up with alot of diffrent soup ideas so my son can gets all 4 food groups at onceI am sure you are probably easier to please then a 4 year old thow. Sorry to hear you are so hurting best of luck to a speedy recovery. I just wanted to add if you do get your jaw wired you should not drink through a straw to much because it causes you to use those musels more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)