Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW FAR AWAY DOES OR DID YOUR TEEN GO T COLLEGE?PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM
  • 3 Replies

We want our dds to go to college two hours or less from home.  Do you feel that way and did they?  Do they put down roots and want to stay in the new faraway college town? What's your take?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:23 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

40ish and beyond...
Moms of Teens

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

rkoloms
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:02 AM

My daughter is starting high school this year. Honestly, she will go to whatever college gives her the most scholarship money. The average scholarship for the class of 2009 was $28,000; half of the graduating class is attending the University of Illinois in Champaign/Urbana

Robin in Chicago

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:56 AM

My oldest went to college 1.5 hours from home. I was close enough we could go watch him play football.Yet far enough to give him some independance. He quit affter 1 year.he never liked school and we kinda pushed him to try it.

Ny younger son goes to school 40 mins away.it is great.I can run into the citry pick hjim up take him for dinner.Its nice and close he is also a football player.

Honestly wether they are 15mins from home or 15 hours it's still a huge adjustment.I hated leaving my sons at college .As much as I knew they needed and wanted it.I didn't want my day to day mom job to be over ! My youngest son lived in Boston this summer he co-oped his spring semester.Yet we had to rent the apt for 8 months. I missed him alot.Yet I didnt miss my microwave binging at 2 am.I am getting comfortable with them not living here.I think it really depends on y9our relationship with your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)